FS2004 Douglas DC-3 Smoke Effect
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 163.42 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 1 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This addition will add engine smoke effects to the default DC3. By Malcolm Steck.
Screenshot of Douglas DC-3 taking off.
Although there are limitations within FS9 that prohibit some fine tuning of the smoke trails for various aircraft, I have tried to make the effects as real as possible.
- Make a backup copy of the DC-3 "Aircraft.cfg" file.
- Place the following lines in your "Aircraft.cfg" file. (I usually place them right after the [Effects] data, but anywhere will do.)
smoke.0= -9.00, -05.00, 8.00, fx_smoke_rx1
smoke.1= -9.00, -05.00, -8.00, fx_smoke_rx1
- Now save the "Aircraf.cfg" file.
- Next, open the included "Effects" folder, and copy the contents, "fx_smoke_rx1", file to your main FS9 "Effects" folder.
- If you don't like the new smoke effects, just delete the [SMOKESYSTEM] data from your "Aircraft.cfg" file, or replace the entire "Aircraft.cfg" file with the original copy that you saved in step 1.
That's it! Now kick the tires and light the fires. Smoke'em if you've got'em.
The archive dc3smoke.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.