FSX Inter Island Air B-17
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 5.8 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 4 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A fantasy version of Inter Island Air's B-17. This plane was fully armed and used to ward off air pirates while flying cargo between the islands. Includes textures only for the a2a B-17 with Accusim. Textures by Paul Grubich.
Here is my version of Inter Island Air B-17. In the early 50's IIA was having trouble with air pirates forcing their cargo C-47 planes down using surplus fighter planes from Russia. They would fly along side and force the cargo plane to land at a remote island airstrip and then remove the cargo. To counteract this piracy Inter Island Air bought two surplus B-17's and re-outfitted them with armament and hired veteran B-17 crews to fly them. After that they had very little trouble with air pirates.
Of course this is all fantasy and Inter Island Air never flew B-17's but it gives a valid reason for having a civil B-17 with guns and belongs in the "could have happened" category.
- Put the folder "texture.IIA" in your "Wop2_b17g" folder located in your main FSX files under SimObjects/Airplanes.
- Next go into the "Wop2_b17g" folder and locate the Aircraft CFG file. Open this file with notepad and add the lines below right after the last [flitsim.#] entry. This might be [flitsim.4] or another number. Change the text [Fltsim.#] to the next number in line. Save and exit the changed Aircraft CFG file and go into FSX and see if the new plane shows up. If you have any problems please post your question at one of the many flighsim message boards for help.
title=Boeing B-17G IIA
ui_variation=Inter Island Air
ui_typerole="Four Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
The archive b17_island_air_textures.zip has 23 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|b17_island air textures||03.15.12||0 B|
|17 large.jpg||03.15.12||59.05 kB|
|Read First.txt||03.15.12||1.88 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.