AFCAD File For EFHK Update
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 544.01 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 14 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Vantaa International Airport, Helsinki, Finland. This airport update is for EFHK with two optional files made only for the FSX default airport: one version with the crosswind runway activated and in full operation where all three runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Assigned parking as per their website with extra parking, taxiways and taxi signs updated to the latest charts, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
Screenshot of Vantaa International Airport, Helsinki.
There are 4 BGL files: EFHK_RS.BGL, EFHK_CW_RS.BGL, EFHK_CVX.bgl and a EFHK_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The EFHK_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Xwind runway activated where all 3 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The EFHK_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
- Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
1. Take the runway operation file of your choice (only one) and the EFHK_CVX.bgl and place both of these files into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
2. Take the EFHK_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
3. There are jetway extensions added, and to see these you need to add the textures for them, please follow these steps:
NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
Browse to the FSX\Scenery\NAME\Texture folder. Go down the list until you see jfk_jetway.dds (day texture) and jfk_jetway_LM.dds (night texture). "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
4. Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE RUNWAY OPERATION FILE AT ANY TIME:
I.E. Make sure there is only ONE of the runway operation files and the EFHK_CVX.bgl file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other EFHK.bgl file/s to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
PLEASE NOTE: When using ATIS with the EFHK_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version EFHK_RS.BGL.
Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
The archive efhk_rs_fsx.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.