FS2004 Air Pacific Boeing 747-200
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 277.92 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
(Old livery). Textures only; requires AIA742PW.ZIP. Model by AI Aardvark. Repaint by Pantee Farhangi.
Screenshot of Air Pacific Boeing 747-200 in flight.
- Just drop the "texture.pacific" folder into your "AIA_747_200_PW" folder. (The base package must be downloaded separately to use this paint).
- Copy the [fltsim.x] entry supplied into the aircraft.cfg file supplied in the base package mentioned above. Be sure to number them correctly, starting sequentially with [fltsim.0] and working your way up with each additional livery you add...e.g. [fltsim.0], [fltsim.1], [fltsim.2]...making sure not to skip or duplicate any numbers in the sequence.
- Then assign the aircraft to some flightplans (using Lee Swordy's great Ttools for example) and you're on your way.
For more information or If you're not sure how to assign an aircraft to a flightplan, please visit our website and look in the FAQ/ Help section. Be sure to post any problems you may have in the help section.
By default the fde for this aircraft is for use in fs2004/fs9. If you are using it in FS2002, replace the "aia_747_200.air" & "aircraft.cfg" with the one contained in the "fs2002fde" folder.
This aircraft was designed specifically for use as an AI aircraft. As such, the primary design criteria were that it look good sitting at the gate, or as seen when landing from an aircraft waiting to take off.
This plane also uses 16 different LOD (levels of detail) models, which means that as the plane gets visually smaller, the model displayed becomes simpler and simpler, thus reducing the drag on your computer.
If you download a GMAX aircraft that is just gorgeous, but really chews up your frame rates when used as AI if several of them appear on the screen at once, the designer probably did not use the LOD feature, so the model is always 20,000 polygons no matter how far away from you it is.
AI FLIGHT DYNAMICS (fs2002):
FDE's for AI aircraft are somewhat of a compromise. Dynamics that allow beautiful takeoffs often result in planes that will not land or land very badly. AIA fde's are also designed with traffic flow in mind. This means an AIA aircraft is going to touch down very near the end of the runway and quickly exit to make room for the next aircraft. If you want more "float" on landing, you can adjust the cruise lift, parasite drag and induced drag parameters in the aircraft.cfg file.
The archive ai742pap.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIA 747-200 Air Pacifc (VH-EBB).txt||11.16.04||5.86 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.