FS2004 Lufthansa Douglas DC-3 D-CADE
Texture files only for owners of the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD. Requires previous installation of OY-BPB C-47 package (BPB_FS9.ZIP). Based on original texture files made by Jan Visser and Mark Beaumont. D-CADE was one of three DC-3's owned by Lufthansa in the period between 1955 and 1960. By Hansjo...
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 3.9 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 7 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Texture files only for owners of the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD. Requires previous installation of OY-BPB C-47 package (BPB_FS9.ZIP). Based on original texture files made by Jan Visser and Mark Beaumont. D-CADE was one of three DC-3's owned by Lufthansa in the period between 1955 and 1960. By Hansjoerg Naegele.
Side view of Lufthansa Douglas DC-3 in flight.
Package is intended for FS2004 and not tested with FS2002.
The zip-file only contains the texture files modified by me. For a successful installation, please follow exactly the steps below:
- The MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD must already be installed in your FS2004.
- Also, the file BPB_FS9.ZIP must already be installed.
- Look for the directory named MAAM-SIM OY-BPB in the AIRCRAFT folder of your FS2004. In MAAM-SIM OY-BPB, you will find another directory, named TEXTURE. Create a copy of this TEXTURE folder (to do this, copy the existing folder, paste and name it TEXTURE.LH).
- Unzip CADE_FS9.ZIP into a temporary folder (which can be deleted after installation has been completed). In the directory BITMAPS, you will find the modified texture files: Copy all files located in BITMAPS into the newly created directory TEXTURE.LH (Say 'Yes' when being prompted to overwrite the existing files).
- Last step is the modification of the AIRCRAFT.CFG, also located in directory MAAM-SIM OY-BPB. If you like, backup the original file first. Then, open AIRCRAFT.CFG using the Windows Editor and look for sections with title [fltsim.N], where N is a number starting with 0. For each repaint to be installed, you have to add a new [fltsim.N] section in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file (N is a consecutive number depending on how many repaints have been installed earlier).
To attach the Lufthansa repaint, you must copy and paste the following section behind the already existing [fltsim.N] sections:
title=Douglas DC-3 Lufthansa D-CADE
ui_type=MAAM-SIM DC-3 - Passenger
description=Douglas DC-3 Lufthansa\n\nD-CADE, ex USAAF C-47 (c\/n 27108), was one of three DC-3's owned by Lufthansa between 1955 and 1960.\n\nIMPORTANT! Set Realism to Max. To operate this aircraft, refer to the User's Manual with instructional videos on the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD as well as the detailed kneeboard reference pages and checklists.
If this is the first repaint to be attached to the AIRCRAFT.CFG, insert it as [fltsim.1], otherwise use the next consecutive free number...
The "description" line is a very long line. Be sure that it is placed as one single line in the AIRCRAFT.CFG (turn off word wrap). Now save and exit the AIRCRAFT.CFG.
After starting FS2004, the Lufthansa DC-3 will now appear in the aircraft menu (select "Douglas", then "MAAM-SIM DC-3 - Passenger" and finally "Lufthansa D-CADE".
Hope you have a lot fun flying it!
The archive cade_fs9.zip has 15 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.