FS2004 PSA Douglas DC-3 N36644
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.73 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A repaint of the FS2004 default Douglas DC3. Pacific Southwest Airways (PSA) started flying the DC-3 in 1949 between San Diego, Burbank, San Francisco and Oakland. The DC-3 continued to be the primary aircraft of PSA until it was replaced in 1955 by the Douglas DC-4.
Screenshot of PSA Douglas DC-3 in flight.
- Unzip the contents of psa_dc3.zip into a temporary directory.
- Copy the folder texture.psa into the aircraft\Douglas_dc3 folder in your Flight Simulator 9 installation - "C:\program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3" on most systems.
- Open the aircraft.cfg file in a text editor and add the following text just before the [General] section.
title=Douglas DC-3 PSA
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."
The archive psa_dc3.zip has 21 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.