FSX Alaska ANG DC-3
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 878.32 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 19 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The FSX default Douglas DC3 Alaska Air National Guard repaint. For the FSX beta. Textures only. By Ed Knapp.
NOTE: I have seen some issues in the FSX beta with these textures. If you get an invisible plane, load another plane and then reload this one.
- Copy the entire folder (texture.alaska) created by the zip into your Douglas_DC3 directory. Depending where you installed FSX, the path might look as follows.
Beta path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_DC3
- Find the existing "texture" folder for the Douglas_DC3 and copy all the textures from there into this new directory. DO NOT OVERWRITE THE FILES ALREADY CONTAINED IN THIS FOLDER!
- Copy and paste the following into the existing aircraft.cfg for the DC 3.
title=Douglas DC-3 Paint Alaska ANG
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."
- Replace the "X"'s in the new [fltsim X] headings with the next numbers in the sequence.
- Save the aircraft.cfg and you're done.
The archive dc3_fsx.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|read me.txt||09.04.06||2.10 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.