FSX AI Formation Toys V4
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 128.21 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
FormationSetup is simple program designed to create a formation of up to four AI controlled aircraft. By Jerry Beckwith.
This zip contains files:
To select an AI aircraft, scroll through the aircraft titles in the list of Available Aircraft on the left and highlight an aircraft you want to use in a formation. Then click one of the Aircraft Selected check boxes or text boxes in the middle of the panel. The selected aircraft title will appear in the Aircraft Selected text box. Clicking the check box after an aircraft has been selected will clear the text box.
To select airspeed, racetrack leg distance, altitude, formation shape (on ground), or flight pattern click the radio buttons of your choice.
Note: 'Race Track' and 'Straight Line' are the same pattern. The AI aircraft fly in a box shaped pattern; however, when 'Straight Line' is selected the leg distance is always 1000 miles.
Creating and Running Formation Flights:
- Start a flight in FSX on any runway.
- Switch to a windows explorer window and browse to the folder with the FormationSetup files.
- Double click the icon for FormationSetup.exe
- Set the formation parameters as described in the overview.
- Click the "Connect to FSX" button, then click the pop-up 'Ok' button.
- Switch back to FSX.
- The 'Add-ons' pull-down should now be visible on the FSX menu bar.
- Select 'AI Formation' and 'Add Formation' from the 'Add-ons' menu, and the AI formation will appear.
- To start the formation rolling, Select 'AI Formation' and 'Start Formation' from the 'Add-ons' menu.
- Take off and fly with the formation!
The AI aircraft will fly in loose formation and climb to the selected altitude (feet) and attempt to accelerate to the selected air speed (kts). If their top speed is less than selected, they'll fly at their top speed. In the distance selected (nm) they will turn 90 degrees to the right, and they will keep turning 90 degrees right after traveling the same distance to form a square race track pattern.
To end a formation flight, switch back to FormationSetup and click 'Cancel'. FormationSetup will close and remove the AI formation from FSX.
The archive formationsetup.zip has 5 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.