FSX Floyd Bennett Field (CGAS) Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 5.48 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Floyd Bennett Field and CGAS Brooklyn (CGAS). Author: Jim Dhaenens (firstname.lastname@example.org). Ver 1.0 for FSX. Floyd Bennett Field and Coast Guard Air Station Brooklyn (Future NAS Brooklyn). FSX Native Compiled with FSX SP-2/Acceleration SDK tools.
Floyd Bennett Field Started out it's life in 1931 as the first airport in New York City. Between 1931 and 1941, Floyd Bennett Field was visited as a departure (and often return) point for many record setting aviation endeavors by such notable aviators as Wiley Post, Howard Hughes, Amelia Earhart, Roscoe Turner, Laura Ingalls, Jimmy Doolittle, Jacqueline Cochran, and Douglas "Wrongway" Corrigan. The coast guard Air Station was established in 1938, and in 1941, Floyd Bennett Field became Naval Air Station Brooklyn, Floyd Bennett Field. In 1971 the base was decomissioned and the field is currently a Multi-Use Facility managed by the U.S. Park Service. I've attempted to capture the field as she was in the transition time-frame, between 1938 and 1941 . There are commercial hangars as well as Navy hangars, but the terminal building is strictly 1931-1938 vintage. When the Navy took over, they replaced the control tower cab with a more modern design. and changed the "City of New York" lettering on the terminal to "Naval Air Station." The runways were changed and lengthened through the years and are modeled at their maximum lengths. By Jim Dhaenens.
Original models in this scenery are:
All the hangars, the admin building, and the sign out front
Try it at night, too!
Tom Stovall has a a period repaint of the default Grumman Goose that goes well with the CGAS. It's available at the Sim-Outhouse.
About Frame Rates
I flew this area before I made the airport and from most directions, the framerates, although not stellar, were not unacceptable unless I came in from due east and framed the field with the NYC skyline. Framerates did not change significantly with the addition of the airport, but if you insist on flying in from the east, you're on your own.
- Place the FSX_CGAS folder in your Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery folder.
- Start Flight Simulator X.
- On the Flight Simulator X start screen, select "SETTINGS" then in the "Other settings" box (upper right on the settings page), select "Scenery Library."
- On the SETTINGS - SCENERY LIBRARY page, select 'Add Area"
- Navigate to, and open the "Addon Scenery" folder.
- Select the "FSX_CGAS" folder and press "OK"
- Back on the SETTINGS - SCENERY LIBRARY page, FSX_CGAS should be on the top of the list of scenery areas. Make sure the "Enabled" checkbox is checked, then press "OK"
- The next time you run Flight Simulator X, the new scenery will be available through the SELECT AIRPORT page.
The archive fbf_fsx.zip has 56 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.