FSX Qeqqata X Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.44 GB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Qeqqata X Scenery for Flight Simulator X.
- Lars Larsen: Rivers and Lakes polygons, Easter egg airstrips.
- Ulrik Motzfeldt-Skovgaard: Mesh, land class, coastline, custom made buildings.
- Finn Alfred Olesen: Added FSX standard object in Itilleq.
- Sarfannguit, Kangaamiut, Napasoq and Atammik.
QeqqataX covers the same area as Qeqqata Municipality.
It has three airports:
- Kangerlussuaq (BGSF)
- Sisimiut (BGSS)
- Maniitsoq (BGMQ)
The entire area has a new custom made terrain. The coastline including the islands are custom made. All the lakes and rivers are custom made. The land class including different land class polygons are custom made. Buildings in Kangerlussuaq Airport are all custom made with real photo textures. Standard FSX buildings have been used in the 5 villages: Sarfannguit, Itilleq, Kangaamiut, Napasoq, and Atammik. We have included fictitious airstrips around the scenery.
- Total area: 115.500 km2 (44,595 mi2)
- 8,044 River Polygons
- 18,737 Lake Polygons
- 879,343 Grass Polygons - land class
- 3,418,938 Rock Polygons - land class
The mesh data is made from ASTER GDEM data. While ASTER GDEM data is not nearly refined as STRM source data, the data is the best data for Greenland.
The raw ASTER GDEM data is not without its problems, so we have to remake large areas to make it useful.
But it's not only the mesh which has been reworked. The coastline and islands are reworked for this release. Like the lakes and rivers are. Custom made buildings have been included.
All airports are moved to the right position and with more accurate elevations.
This release has redefined land class for the area. This gives you a more realistic land class.
Just unpack this ZIP to the ROOT FSX folder. Then the ZIP file will unzip the files to the right folder positions.
- Unzip the file to a temp folder.
- Copy Addon Scenery subfolders to a folder of your choice - remember the folder have to be added manually if it is not addon scenery folder.
- Copy xxxx\Scenery\0401\scenery\BGMQ_Airport.bgl til your FSX FOLDER\Scenery\World\scenery\BGMQ_Airport.bgl
- Copy xxxx\Scenery\0401\scenery\BGSF_Airport.bgl til your FSX FOLDER\Scenery\World\scenery\BGSF_Airport.bgl
- Copy xxxx\Scenery\0401\scenery\BGSS_Airport.bgl til your FSX FOLDER\Scenery\World\scenery\BGSS_Airport.bgl
If you miss this part (3-5), then your runway might be shown in the wrong altitude. Then your scenery will try to use the standard FSX altitude.
Thanks a lot for downloading QeqqataX.
Credit: Ulrik Motzfeldt
The archive qeqqataxfscom.zip has 5 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.