- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 41.59 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL), Pennsylvania (PA). Includes two versions, one with crosswind runway 17/35 operating and one without. Features updated gates, vehicle roads, views and more. By Ray Smith.
As requested, These 2 BGL files are only for the FSX default airport: one with the Xwind rwy 17/35 operating and one without: many gates resized where possible with assigned parking including extra parking, additional fuel trucks, the support Vehicle road around the terminals and airport have been completely rebuilt and Linked together including the Cargo areas, this gives easier access for the support vehicles, this has now virtually eliminated support vehicles from using the taxiways and causing holdups, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view), my thanks to Jim Vile and Reggie Fields for their information to get these files operating in FSX, please view the readme before installation, fully tested with Ultimate Traffic but not required.
There are 2 BGL files: FSX_kphl.BGL and FSX_kphl_cw.BGL. The 'FSX_kphl_cw.BGL' version is with the Xwind rwy activated, the other version FSX_kphl.BGLis without parking is the same in both.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE 'kphl.BGL' FILE in the addon scenery/scenery folder at any time, delete any other kphl.bgl.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the FSX_kphl_cw.BGL file you will hear the fake rwy's, this is the method used in activating Xwind rwy's and should be ignored or if preferred use the version FSX_kphl.BGL.
- Simply take the BGL file of your choice and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight sim and the changes will be present.
- Delete the BGL file and the default will then be active.
I hope you like the improvements, this is only a basic gate change with a few more changes and a general tidy up. If any MS errors are here they will still remain until an AFCAD style program is available.
Lee Swordy is surely missed but not forgotten.
TIP: When at KPHL in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle". Allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my X52 controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive fsxkphl2.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.