AFCAD File For KSNA
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.17 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
John Wayne Airport - Orange County, Santa Ana, California (CA). KSNA represents a modification to the stock FSX airport scenery. Version 1.1 is a complete file set, no additional files are needed. Some of the changes in v1.1 include: updated airline terminal assignments per 2010 specs, added Tusti transition to the LDA at 19R, updated DP/STAR waypoints per July 2010 charts and closed 1R/19L for landing due to FSX bug allowing heavies to land. By Kambiz Agazi.
KSNA V1.1 represents a modification to the stock FSX airport scenery. KSNA was modified using information from airnav, virtual earth, FAA Airport diagram and approach plates, and the official Website.
Version 1.1 includes all changes mentioned in my previous release version 1 plus:
- Updated airline Terminal assignments - see below.
- Closed 1R/19L for landing due to FSX AIPlayer.dll bug allowing heavies to land.
- Added Tusti transition to the LDA at 19R - will not be listed as option in ATC window but you can use the gps to fly the transition.
- Updated DP/STAR waypoints per July 2010 charts.
Gate A: ASA, AAL, COA, DAL, DALX/SKW
Gate B: ACA, FFT, SWA, UAL, UALX/SKW, USA, USAX/ASH
CARGO: UPS, FDX
IMPORTANT: In order to see the Terminal and apron spot lighting you'll need to install the wonderful lights from Jim Dhaenens. I'm including his light files with this package.
To install Jim's lights, place the lightobj.bgl file in your ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder and almwht.dds and lights1.dds files in ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
- The preferred method is to create a folder called KSNA with a scenery subfolder. Place the THREE KSNA bgl files in the scenery subfolder. You will need to activate the KSNA folder once in FSX. I suggest placing it at or near the top of the scenery priority list - above ALL regional, state or national scenery including UTX USA.
Version 1 changes include:
- Airline assignments at Terminals A and B and the off-gate commuter ramps at both Terminals per the official Website.
- While the gate numbers and number of gates per Terminal are accurate, emphasis at KSNA was on Terminal assignments and not gate assignments.
- AI parking sizes optimized for the MTX 5.2a schedule.
- ALL Airport Scenery now shows at the normal scenery density level.
- All Runway markings, lights and approach equipment and lighting per airnav - NOTE the 4-box Vasi as opposed to PAPI4.
- All of the jetways required relocation due to stock FSX KSNA jetway/terminal disconnects.
- Added the missing GATE 4 at Terminal B.
- Additional vehicle paths and fuel trucks added to facilitate more effective AI service.
- General Aviation ramp areas enhanced for additional GA including the Bombardier Challenger sized GA.
- UPS/FDX cargo parking included per the official Website.
- All new ILS, LDA, NDB AND RNAV(GPS) approaches and transitions with holds (where appropriate) for Rwy 1L-19R. and
- Red light beacon added on top of the control tower.
All airport buildings and objects can now be seen at normal scenery level. jetways begin to appear at the dense scenery level - extremely dense will reveal all jetways.
- Note: Airport spot lighting guides have been added. however, to see the lighting you must install fsx_lts by Jim Dhaenens.
- Place all bgl files in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. However, the KSNA scenery should be at a higher scenery priority from that of "other" area scenery including UTX USA and any local or state scenery.
I have tested KSNA using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KSNA works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America, and FS Genesis 10m USA Mesh.
Airline assignments at Terminals A and B are accurate per the official Website. Gate assignments are approximate only.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
CREDITS: KSNA v1.1 was modified using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.47.7).
The archive ksna2010.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|KSNA TOWER redlight effect.BGL||08.10.09||372 B|
|KSNA README.txt||07.20.10||4.60 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.