AFCAD For EGLL
Heathrow International Airport, UK. This update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: Terminal 2 demolished, pier 6 added, taxiways and taxi signs updated, assigned parking with extra parking with gates for the A380, extr...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.11 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 1 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Heathrow International Airport, UK. This update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: Terminal 2 demolished, pier 6 added, taxiways and taxi signs updated, assigned parking with extra parking with gates for the A380, extra fuel trucks, start location added to the helipad, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
View of Heathrow International Airport.
- NOTE: The Default Terminals 1 and 2 in FSX are combined and created as one Library Object, so deleting this library object (to remove T2) removes both terminals, I have rebuilt Terminal 1 with other airport buildings, the installation describes how to add the textures for these buildings so they show up at the airport, so please do not expect to see the original Terminal 1 buildings.
- Take the EGLL_ADE_RS.BGL file and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder (overwrite/delete my old file if you are using it).
- To add the textures for Terminal 1 follow these steps:
- "Browse" to the Flight Simulator X\Scenery\NAME\texture folder, Scroll down the list until you see these 6 Textures:
- "COPY" these textures from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/texture folder, another option is the FSX/Scenery/Global/Texture folder.
- Please make sure you have "COPIED" the right textures into the correct folder.
- 3. Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE THIS EGLL.BGL FILE. I.E. Make sure there is only my EGLL_ADE_RS.BGL file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other EGLL.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
If you have my previous version of EGLL also Delete the "EGLL_ADE_OBJ.BGL" from the "FSX/Scenery/Global/scenery" folder as it is not needed with this version.
If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another Afcad for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
There are flood lights in the cargo area, if you wish to see these you need to add the textures for them (this is not mandatory as they are only scenery objects set at "Dense") please follow these steps:
"Browse" to the FSX\Scenery\ASIA\Texture folder. Scroll down the list until you see NAR_jetway.dds (day texture) and NAR_jetway_LM.dds (night texture).
"COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery/Global/Texture folder.
1. Delete/remove the EGLL_ADE_RS.BGL file and the texture files and the default airport will then be active.
ADE Utility (Freeware) - Jon Masterson.
And my ever enduring wife to put up with the hours spent making these files.
TIP: When at EGLL in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
View of Heathrow International Airport at night.
The archive egll_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
0 commentsLeave a Response