AFCAD File For KBOS
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 664.27 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 13 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Boston/Logan International Airport, Massachusetts (MA), USA. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor). These files are made only for the FSX default airport, one version with the crosswind runways activated and in full operation where all six runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Runway 14/32 added with RNAV (GPS) for runway 32 included, assigned parking with extra parking, taxiways and taxi signs updated to the latest charts, extra fuel trucks, lighted helipad, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements. Airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
There are 3 BGL files: KBOS_ADE_RS.BGL, KBOS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL and a KBOS_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The KBOS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Xwind runways activated where all 6 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The KBOS_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
Assigned parking is the same in both files.
Please Note: The default Fedex cargo terminal and buildings behind it. In FSX they are combined and created as one Library Object, so deleting this library object to remove these buildings to add runway 14/32 and the taxiways means we now lose the nice Fedex terminal.
I have rebuilt the Fedex terminal with other airport buildings, the installation describes how to add the textures for these buildings so they show up at the airport, so please do not expect to see the original Fedex terminal buildings.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
- Take the KBOS_RS.BGL runway operation file of your choice (only one) and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the KBOS_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- To add the textures for the Cargo terminal please follow these steps:
- "Browse" to the Flight Simulator X\Scenery\NAME\texture folder, Scroll down the list until you see these 3 textures:
- "COPY" these textures from that folder and "PASTE" them into the FSX/Scenery/Global/Texture folder.
- Please make sure you have "COPIED" the right textures into the correct texture folder.
- 4. Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE KBOS_RS.BGL FILE AT A TIME. Make sure there is only ONE KBOS_RS.BGL file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KBOS.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- PLEASE NOTE: When using ATIS with the KBOS_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KBOS_ADE_RS.BGL.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the 3 MIA_Cargo textures and the default airport will then be active.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive kbos_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.