FS2004 Central Air Douglas DC-3
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 1.89 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A repaint of the default DC3 in Central Airlines livery. Textures only. By Mike Wilson.
Screenshot of Central Air Douglas DC-3 in flight.
This repaint represents the livery used by Central Airlines on their DC-3s in the mid to late 60s. This repaint is not entirely accurate due to limitations of the default bitmap.
- Unzip the contents of this file to a temporary directory.
- Copy the folder "texture.Central" and paste it into your Douglas_DC3 folder. This should be located in *:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3. The * will of course be the drive you have FS9 installed on. For example C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\etc...
- Copy and paste the following section into the "aircraft.cfg" file of your Douglas_DC3 folder. (Backup your original aircraft.cfg first!)
title=Douglas DC-3 Fly Central
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."
- The "x" in [fltsim.x] should be replaced with the next number that corresponds to the number of planes listed in the aircraft.cfg. For example: If this is the 5th plane listed in your aircraft.cfg, you would change [fltsim.x] to [fltsim.5]
The archive flycent.zip has 13 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|read me.txt||09.22.03||2.33 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.