FS2004 Transocean Grumman HU-16
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.18 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A repaint of Greg Pepper's Grumman HU16 Albatross in Transocean Air Lines markings. Textures only; requires HU16_20.ZIP. Transocean operated this aircraft in its Trust Territories subsidiary in the late 1950's, later taken over by Continental as Air Micronesia. Repainted by Dave McQueen.
- First, make sure that the base model ( hu16_s2.zip) is installed on your system.
- Find the Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Grumman HU-16 Albatross folder.
- Unzip the texture.transocean folder in this zip file and copy it to the "Grumman HU-16 Albatross" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Wordpad open the HU16aircraft.cfg file from this zip file and copy the content into the Grumman HU-16 Albatross folder's aircraft.cfg. IE copy and paste sections that look like the following:
title=HU-16 Albatross N9944F
description=Span: 96ft. 8in.\nLength: 62ft. 10in.\nHeight: 25ft. 10in.\nCrew of 6 with seating for 10\nEmpty weight of 19,820 lb.\nMax gross weight of 33,000 lb.\nPowered by 2 Wright R-1820 9 cylinder engines with 1475 h.p. each.\nRepaint by Dave McQueen
Using the text editor paste it into the aircraft.cfg file under those sections already present. The first line of each new section has to be changed to be 1 number higher than the one that precedes it in the aircraft.cfg file. For example in the section above if it was placed after the section that read [fltsim.5] in the first line, then the section above would need to be changed from [fltsim.X] to [fltsim.6]. The next one to [fltsim.7] and so forth.
The archive talhu16.zip has 20 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.