FS2004 PAA Convair CV-240 VBF CB-16
Convair CV-240-2, cn 55, delivered to Pan American World Airways on May 21, 1948, registered NC90663, named "Clipper Caracas". Later reregistered N90663. Bought by Mid-Continent Airlines on March 9, 1950. Merged with Braniff Airways on August 15, 1952. Sold to Linee Aeree Italiane on March 20, 19...
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 4.49 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Convair CV-240-2, cn 55, delivered to Pan American World Airways on May 21, 1948, registered NC90663, named "Clipper Caracas". Later reregistered N90663. Bought by Mid-Continent Airlines on March 9, 1950. Merged with Braniff Airways on August 15, 1952. Sold to Linee Aeree Italiane on March 20, 1953. Bought by The Babb Co Inc. in 1956 and registered N9845F. Bought by Air Jordan in 1956 and registered JY-ACB. Crashed after striking ground at Dabouk, northwest of Amman, Jordan, on January 22, 1959. Textures and associated model file included only. Requires CV240VBFCB16_BASEPACK_010.ZIP. Original by Greg Pepper and Tom Gibson, upgraded by Georg Hauzenberger (model) and Hans Hermann (textures), Virtual Birds Factory. (See also CV240VBFCB16_PAA_NC90663_01_FIX.ZIP).
Each add-on livery assumes that a certain base pack has been installed. We will inform you about the Base Pack that is necessary for the installation of a certain livery. Please make sure that the necessary base pack (folders 'CV240VBFca18' and/or 'cv240VBFcb16' and/or 'CV240VBFmilitary' is installed. Otherwise the installation of a livery cannot be successfully completed. If not present, please first download and install the Base Pack as described in Chapter 3.2. in the User Manual.
- Unzip the zip-file included in the add-on package to a temporary folder.
- Use the Windows Explorer and find the extracted file in your temporary folder. Double click on the add-on's setup.exe named like 'cv240VBFca18_aal_N94200_01_setup.exe' (example for the American Airlines Convair CV-240 with registration N94200) and run the install-program. The install-program will automatically place the chosen livery and associated model into the folder "cv240VBFca18" or "cv240VBFcb16" or 'cv240VBFmilitary'. For the next step please take note in which of the three folders the livery will be installed. For the allocation to the folders please also refer to the list that Tom Gibson has produced in 2009 (see User Manual Appendix B).
- Find the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\cv240VBFca18' folder or the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\cv240VBFcb16' or the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\cv240VBFmilitary' folder (as jotted down in step 3) on your system. There you will find a file named '(livery name)_add_to_aircraft_cfg.txt'. Livery name is the short title for the livery you have just installed; make sure you pick the right one!
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the file '(livery name)_add_to_aircraft_cfg.txt' and copy the [fltsim.xx] section shown there. Afterwards open the aircraft.cfg contained in the same folder and paste the [fltsim.xx] section below the last [fltsim.yy] entry already there. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the 'xx' with the next number in sequence. Save and close the aircraft.cfg.
You should now be able to see and fly the new livery in FS2004. If this is not the case, please double check whether you really completed the step above and try to remember whether you changed any folder names after the previous installation of the aircraft. It should read "cv240VBFca18" or"cv240VBFcb16" or 'cv240VBFmilitary'. Please also make sure you selected your correct FS2004 root folder (the one where FS9.EXE is located).
The archive cv240vbfcb16_paa_nc90663_01.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|cv240VBFreloaded_User Manual_010.pdf||10.14.10||234.01 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.