FS2004 TWA Lockheed L-749 N6020C
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 3.92 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Lockheed L-749, registration N6020C, c/n 2658 shown here in TWA's double globe jetage livery. Delivered to TWA on January 25, 1951. Named "Star of Kentucky" ship no. 820 flew TWA's very last Constellation flight on April 6, 1967. Withdrawn from use and stored at Kansas City in April 1967. Bought by Aero-Tech on August 14, 1968 and again withdraw from use and then stored at Tucson, where in 1969 finally broken up. Textures only. The FS2004/FSX Lockheed L-749 Constellation Base Kit (LOCKHEED749.ZIP) must be installed. Original by Manfred Jahn and Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory.
- Please make sure you have a working installation of Manfred Jahn's (Team 749) Lockheed L-749 base pack (folders "Lockheed_L749_0" and "Lockheed_L749_1" in your FS9 aircraft directory). If not present, download and install the base pack first.
- Unzip the zip-file included in this package to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Lockheed_L749_1' folder on your system. Copy the extracted texture folder from step 2 into the "Lockheed_L749_1" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg contained in 'Lockheed_L749_1' folder and paste the [fltsim] section appended below under the last [fltsim] entry. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the 'xx' by the next number in sequence.
ui_variation=TWA N6020C (1967)
description=C/n 2658 shown here in TWA's double globe jetage livery. Delivered to TWA on January 25, 1951 and registered N6020C. Named 'Star of Kentucky' ship no. '820' flew TWA's very last Constellation flight on April 6, 1967. Withdrawn from use and stored at Kansas City in April 1967. Bought by Aero-Tech on August 14, 1968 and again withdraw from use and stored at Tucson, Arizona, where in 1969 finally broken up.\n\nOriginal by Manfred Jahn & Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory"
- Save and close the aircraft.cfg file. Start your FS2004 and enjoy the flight. In the aircraft selection menu, the new Constellation will show up under Lockheed > L-749 Constellation.
The archive twa_n6020c_01.zip has 35 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.