FSX Fairchild Merlin III Engine Smoke
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 860.82 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 10 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Subtle engine smoke display for the Fairchild Merlin III by Mike Stone. In particular, Gustavo La Cruz' repaints which work great in FSX SP2 using Windows 7, 64 bit. Easy installation. By Tom Tiedman.
- Copy and paste the "fx_smoke_f6.fx" file into your FSX "Effects" folder... (it's probably there already, so look first.)
- Copy and paste all of the [SMOKESYSTEM] info. below into your Merlin III "aircraft.cfg" file for each aircraft. I pasted mine between the [keyboard_response] section and the [forcefeedback] section, which worked nicely.
- Press the "I" key while flying your Merlin III and enjoy a nice mellow smoke!
smoke.0=-1.232, -7.716, -1.101, fx_smoke_f6
smoke.1=-1.232, 7.716, -1.101, fx_smoke_f6
The archive fsx_fairchild_merlin_iii_engine_smoke.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Merlin Bottom View.jpg||06.14.10||310.24 kB|
|Merlin Left Bank.jpg||06.14.10||82.03 kB|
|Merlin Rear View.jpg||06.14.10||88.77 kB|
|Merlin Right Bank.jpg||06.14.10||102.45 kB|
|Merlin Top View.jpg||06.14.10||152.44 kB|
|READ ME and INSTALLATION.txt||06.14.10||2.29 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.