FSX Chengdu Airlines Airbus A320-214
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 12.66 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Aircraft model and texture of B-6900 are included, along with panel, sound and virtual cockpit from the default A321. This package still uses A320 v2 model as it is the only FSX based version offered, however the texture is created on A320 v2.1 paint kit and works fine. Original aircraft by Project Airbus, texture by Lingyuan He.
Project Airbus was born in the mist of flight simulation's golden era, at a time when all add-on production was taking a turn to supreme accuracy and evolved from sheer simplicity to authentic flight recreation.
In early 2002, Trevor Slack came across Thomas Ruth's website, while his A300 was still in production. Trevor had the benefit to beta test Thomascreation and they constantly exchanged ideas and information, so to end up naming their effort Project Airbus,and soon after, with the texturing assistance of Nicholas Wu, the A300 became the first group's big hit. The number of variables they had managed to incorporate into the model was almost revolutionary and never seen before in the flight simulator scene.
In the meanwhile, a lot of people were inclined to help the group's effort and names such as that of Thomas Kwong, Alexander Kvitta, Peter Binamira, Michael Karam, Gianmarco Bettiol or Micheal Theriault were written down PA's book. The A320 was another success and the last for quite some time. It also included many new features and was widely regarded as simply the best A320 flight simulator rendition available at that point in time.
The group went through a rough patch in late 2003 and early 2004 and was commonly decided that there was a break. However, a proposal to revive the group with new blood and projects was welcomed and work on the new version of the A320 began.
Three years later, the A320 has been finally released and Project Airbus has a lot more up its sleeve for the future!
For now, we hope you take your time at enjoying our current recreation, as that is the first and foremost stimulus in freeware add-on production.
The Project Airbus A320 offers a wide range of features, many of which are XML-controlled such as:
- Pressurization outflow valve controls air pressure by letting it out, opens below 30 knots on ground.
- Ground spoilers.
- Pack outlets open different amounts due to temperature.
- Idle reversers reversers stay open for a couple of seconds after they have been shut off, open full when only idle reverse thrust is selected.
- Parallel bogies in the double-bogey model (used by Indian Airlines).
- Dynamic jet wash visible only when engines running.
- Dropping surfaces elevators and ailerons drop when engines are shut off.
- Opening passenger and cargo doors.
- Custom effects double strobes, navigation and beacon lights, as well as touchdown effects.
- Dynamic shine.
- Accurate landing gear extension and retraction.
The archive pa320uea.zip has 61 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Chengdu Airlines Airbus A320-214||07.07.12||0 B|
|PA Airbus A320 Operation Manual.pdf||02.10.10||104.86 kB|
|Project Airbus A320-214 Chengdu Airlines||07.07.12||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.