FSX VAS De Havilland Beaver
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.07 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
VAS De Havilland Beaver. Textures only for the default aircraft. Repaint by Jon Murchison.
I N S T A L L A T I O N I N S T R U C T I O N S
Unzip the folder to a location you will remember and then please read the following completely before you continue installation.
• VAS Skins for the Rotorua based DeHavilland Beaver. The complete folder should be placed here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2
• Provides information to allow FSX to ‘see’ the new skins and make it selectable in the FSX aircraft list. You have two options for installing the skin so FSX can identify them.
1 – Manual- update the aircraft config file with additional information, or if you have not installed any skins for the DeHavilland Beaver previously.
2 – Complete - copy a complete aircraft config file with the VAS skin already added.
1) Open aircraft.cfg in a text editor (I recommend Notepad) and copy (CTRL+A then CTRL+C) the information.
2) Open the aircraft config file in the DeHavilland Beaver folder in FSX (Same directory as above)
3) Scroll to the last entry in the initial section with entries starting as [fltsim.0] etc. Find the last entry (this will be 2 if you have not added any skins for the DeHavilland Beaver previously) and then add a blank line directly beneath the last entry, then press CTRL+V to add the copied text
4) Change the .XX to the next consecutive number.
Run FSX and the VAS skin will appear with the other skins available under the DeHavilland Beaver. If this hasn’t happened check you have followed the
WARNING – THIS METHOD WILL OVERWRITE YOUR CURRENT DEHAVILLAND BEAVER CONFIG FILE, ONLY CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER SKINS INSTALLED OTHER THAN THE DEFAULT SKINS THAT CAME WITH FSX
Unzip the aircraft zip folder, then copy the aircraft.cfg file into the folder outlined above. Choose yes when asked if you want to replace the current file.
Remember, choosing YES replaces your current DeHavilland Beaver config file.
Aircraft Repaints New Zealand
The archive vas.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.