FSX Barbers Point Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.69 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 0 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Barbers Point / Electric Beach (PHJR), Hawaii (HI), v1.0. This scenery is an autogen scenery that sits on top of "MegaSceneryX - Hawaii - Honolulu and Oahu Island". This autogen scenery starts at PHJR airport with static military aircraft, helos and birds and then goes westwards to Barbers Point Harbor and then westwards to the resorts area and thence to Electric beach power plant. By Manny Mahadevan.
Barbers Point Scenery.
This scenery is an autogen scenery that sits on top of "MegaSceneryX - Hawaii - Honolulu and Oahu Island", SO IT REQUIRES THE MEGASCENERY X - Hawaii - Honolulu & Oahu Island" photo scenery.
This Autogen scenery starts at PHJR Airport with static military aircrafts, helos and birds and then westwards to BarbersPoint Harbor and then westwards to the resorts area and thence to Electric beach power plant.
I used autogens from default FSX as well as the FSX Acceleration. IF you did not install acceleration, it should not be an issue. you would just not see some of the autogens from the acceleration package.
1. Extract the zip into your main FSX Addon Scenery folder, or into a temporary folder, and then move it there, which ever method you prefer.
2. Move the MM_PHJR_Screenies.zip out of that folder or delete it after viewing the screenshots so as not to clutter.
3. Start up FSX and when the welcome screen, or initial menu comes on, select settings, then click on Scenery Library, and Add Area. Find the Addon Scenery folder and open it, then find the MM_PHJR folder and click on it. The name MM_PHJR should now appear in the title window, then click OK. Then you will see MM_PHJR at the top of your scenery library list, and click the OK tab at the bottom.
4. That's it!
Even though this scenery uses autogens, it would still take a hit on performance (FPS), so you may want to use the density settings in order to adjust the scenery for the best results on your computer.
IF the Density settings is not sufficiant to adjust, you could simply rename (remove) some of the BGLs in the scenery folder as .tmp and restart FSX.
Some of the candidate bgls to remove to make the scenery sparce are:
1. Most of the helipad that is part of this scenery is not landable. I am still trying to figure out how to fix that.
The archive mmphjrv1.zip has 17 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|MM_PHJR Read Me.txt||01.04.08||3.42 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.