Team SDB has released FS2004 and FSX scenery of possibly the most renowned of all Bomber Command stations, Scampton, as it appeared around 1940.
Located four miles north of Lincoln, Scampton is situated near a WW1 landing site, namely Brattleby Cliff. The original station at Scampton opened in 1916, and it was the first of many airfields built on the Lincoln cliff which runs north on the west side of the A15.
During the 1930s, the Air Ministry used abandoned WW1 landing grounds to build new airfields as the RAF expanded to meet developments in Germany. Located in the southeast corner, the camp was accessed from the A15. The site had four type C hangars and large flat-roofed, brick buildings.
The scenery replicates the airfield as it looked in the 1940s, with 83 Squadrons. At that time, Scampton was simply a grass airfield with a hard perimeter track and 'banjo' hard standings. The main runway has a 'flare path' for night landings.
Other products released by Team SDB in recent times include:
- RAF Upper Heyford
- Dijon AB France
- CFB Cold Lake