KJAX Jacksonville International
Jacksonville International, Florida (FL). This is part of the tenth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground creates high quality Afcads for both FS2004 and for FSX default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to sim...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.7 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Jacksonville International, Florida (FL). This is part of the tenth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground creates high quality Afcads for both FS2004 and for FSX default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Patrick Finch and Alpha India Group.
View of Jacksonville International, Florida.
Jacksonville International Airport was opened on October 31, 1968. It replaced the old Imeson Field, which could not accommodate the longer runways needed for jet aircraft. Initially the new airport was slow to expand, but by 1999 over five million passengers were served. An expansion plan was approved the next year, and by 2007 over six million passengers were processed.
The economic downturn in 2009 resulted in fewer passengers and flights at the airport. As a result, Concourse B was razed that year. This is why you will not see this section of the airport in this scenery. It will still be visible in satellite images, but it is no longer there. I have seen it in person, having flown through there earlier this year.
On the south side of the airport is the 125th Fighter Wing of the Florida Air National Guard. Current aircraft based here are a fleet of F-15 Eagles, a C-130 Hercules, and an RC-26 Metroliner. This area is portrayed in this scenery.
A NOTE TO UTX USERS
In order to be able to have the necessary space to fit the new passenger terminal and the Florida Air National Guard ramp on the airport grounds, there are areas where the ramp area needed to be expanded. It is possible that UTX roads may run through these areas. As I am not myself a UTX user, I can not be sure as to whether this will happen or not. If this would happen to be the case in your situation I apologize, but there is no solution I can offer.
A LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS WHICH HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE AIRPORT
Here are the improvements which have been made from the default version:
- The entire default terminal was excluded in FSX and new terminal buildings have been modeled with FSDS.
- All jetways will display as long as scenery complexity in FSX is set at normal or higher.
- The vehicle paths have been redesigned so as not to allow airport vehicles to enter taxiways.
- Both Runway 7/25 and Runway 13/31 have been opened to air traffic.
- The land class has been changed in places so as to prevent autogen objects from displaying on the airport grounds.
- There are two cargo ramps for UPS, FedEx, and DHL aircraft.
- The tower view has been changed to display from the roof of the control tower.
- Extra fuel trucks have been added throughout the airport.
- Ramp lights have been placed at all terminals. Thank you to Jim Dhaenens for allowing AIG to redistribute these awesome lights.
- As mentioned earlier, Concourse B was razed last year and is not portrayed in this scenery. The scenery portrayed is accurate.
- Gates A1-A10 and Gates C1-C-10 are accurately portrayed. Additional overflow gates were added to both concourses to encourage regional aircraft to park there, leaving room for larger aircraft to park at the jetways. This will be advantageous for those who have a large amount of AI traffic.
Upon installation you will find a new entry in your FSX/Addon Scenery folder entitled "Alpha India Group Scenery Objects". If you did not install my scenery for KCLE (Cleveland Hopkins Intl.) or KMSY (New Orleans Armstrong Intl.), this area will need to be activated in your FSX Scenery library, as it contains the files necessary to display the new terminal buildings and military hangars portrayed in this scenery.
ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Afcads and the latest version - 1.47.03 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - introducing Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well.
FSX Lights by Jim Dhaenens are an excellent set of apron lights which really help give an airport a finished look. Thanks to Jim for allowing AIG to use his lights in our packages and for permission to include the library in our downloads.
The archive aig_kjax_jacksonville_florida_fsx_default.zip has 49 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Addon Scenery||07.24.10||0 B|
|Alpha India Group Scenery Objects||07.24.10||0 B|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||05.19.09||26.71 kB|
|README FIRST.txt||09.05.10||6.03 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.