AFCAD File For PHNL Update
Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii (HI), USA. This airport update is for PHNL with two optional files made only for the FSX default airport: one version with the crosswind runways activated where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operat...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 605.55 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii (HI), USA. This airport update is for PHNL with two optional files made only for the FSX default airport: one version with the crosswind runways activated where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Assigned parking with extra parking, new control tower, fuel tank farm, helipad, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
Screenshot of Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii.
There are 3 BGL files: PHNL_RS.BGL, PHNL_CW_RS.BGL and a PHNL_OBJ.BGL file.
Runway Operation Files:
- The PHNL_CW_RS.BGL file is with the crosswind runways operating where all 4 runways will be used simultaneously.
- The PHNL_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
- Assigned parking is the same in both files.
If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete these files first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated with FSX.
1. Take the runway operation file of your choice (only one) and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
2. Take the PHNL_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
3. There are jetway extensions, and to see these you need to add the textures for them, please follow these steps:
NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
Browse to the FSX\Scenery\NAME\Texture folder. Go down the list until you see jfk_jetway.dds (day texture) and jfk_jetway_LM.dds (night texture). "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
4. Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE RUNWAY OPERATION FILE AT A TIME:
I.E. Make sure there is only ONE of the PHNL_RS.BGL FILES in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other PHNL.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
PLEASE NOTE: When using ATIS with the PHNL_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version PHNL_RS.BGL.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
The archive phnl_rs_fsx.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.