FS2004 Alitalia Avro Lancastrian I-AHBY
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 1.82 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
A close derivative of the war-time Lancaster bomber, the Lancastrian was fitted with a streamlined nose and tail cones. Lancastrians were used as long-range freighters, VIP transports and as fast long-range airliners. These aircraft, purchased by Alitalia during 1947, operated as passenger liners in the first postwar long range flights until they were replaced with DC-4s in 1951. Textures set only in Alitalia I-AHBY (nickname 'Libeccio') livery for Manfred Jahn and Paul Edwards's FS2004 Avro Lancastrian. Repaint by Manuele Villa.
- Unzip LANCALIT.ZIP to a temporary folder, ensuring that you retain folder names.
- Within the download, move the texture folder 'texture.ALITALIA' to the folder 'Avro_Lancastrian_II' within your 'Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT/' folder.
- Back up the corresponding AIRCRAFT.CFG file (should you wish) and open the original with a text editor. Enter the following section under the last [flightsim.XX] entry, numbering it sequentially:
title =Avro Lancastrian Alitalia I-AHBY
sim = Lancastrian Merlin 24
model = solid
texture = ALITALIA
kb_checklists =Avro Lancastrian_check
kb_reference =Lancastrian II Handling Notes_reference
ui_manufacturer = Avro
ui_type = Lancastrian II
ui_variation=Alitalia - "Libeccio"
description=Alitalia was formed in 1947 using DC3s for internal flights. In 1947, they purchased five Lancastrians (I-AHBY 'Libeccio', I-AHCB 'Grecale', I-AHCD 'Scirocco', I-DALR 'Borea' and I-AHBX 'Maestrale' in 1948, destroyed during 1949) and used them in long range flights (Milan/Rome/Dakar/Natal/Rio de Janeiro/Buenos Aires) until were replaced with DC-4s in 1951. Repaint by Manuele Villa, May 2007.
visual_damage = 0
prop_anim_ratio = 0.99
- Save the file. You're done.
The archive lancalit.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.