FS2004 Alitalia Avro Lancastrian I-DALR
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 6.25 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
These aircraft, purchased by Alitalia during 1947, operated as passenger liners in long range flights until were replaced with DC-4s in 1951. These textures requires the payware Plane Design's original Avro Type 691 Lancastrian package. Repaint by Manuele Villa.
Screenshot of Alitalia Avro Lancastrian in flight.
- Unzip LANC_ALI.ZIP to a temporary folder, ensuring that you retain folder names.
- Within the download, move the texture folder 'texture.alit' to the folder 'Avro_Lancastrian' within your 'Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT/' folder. Copy all the bitmaps contained in the original folder 'texture' in the new folder WITHOUT overwriting the contained files.
- Back up the corresponding AIRCRAFT.CFG file (should you wish) and open the original with a text editor. Enter the following section under the last [flightsim.XX] entry, numbering it sequentially:
title=Avro Type 691 Lancastrian Alitalia, I-DALR
ui_type=Type 691 Lancastrian
ui_variation=Alitalia - "Borea"
description=Alitalia was formed in 1947 using DC3s for internal flights. In 1947, they purchased five Lancastrians (I-AHBY 'Libeccio', I-AHCB 'Grecale', I-AHCD 'Scirocco', I-DALR 'Borea' and I-AHBX 'Maestrale' in 1948, destroyed during 1949) and used them in long range flights until were replaced with DC-4s in 1951.
- Save the file. You're done.
The archive lanc_ali.zip has 17 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.