FS2004 Qantas Lockheed L-1049G
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 6.73 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 19 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Lockheed L-1049G-82-153 (c/n 4679), registration VH-EAO, belonging to Qantas. VH-EAO was delivered to Qantas on 28 October 1957. Its delivery flight was the first non-stop flight by a commercial aircraft from Honolulu to Sydney. Based on original textures by Manfred Jahn, this texture set requires the L-1049 Super Constellation package (L1049G.ZIP). By Tim Scharnhop.
This download requires the previous installation of the L-1049G Super Constellation package and presumes a standard installation of this package.
- Unzip L1049_QA.ZIP to a temporary folder, ensuring that you retain folder names.
- Within the download, move the texture folder 'texture.Qantas' to the folder 'Lockheed_L1049G' within your 'Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT/' folder.
- Back up the corresponding AIRCRAFT.CFG file (should you wish) and open the original with a text editor. Enter the following section under the last [flightsim.XX] entry, numbering it sequentially:
title=Lockheed L-1049G Qantas VH-EAO
ui_type=L-1049G Super Constellation
description=Lockheed L-1049G-82-153 (c/n 4679) 'VH-EAO' belonging to Qantas. VH-EAO was delivered to Qantas on 28 October 1957. Its delivery flight, under Captain A.A.E. Yates, was the first non-stop flight by a commercial aircraft from Honolulu to Sydney. On 14 January 1958 VH-EAO was one of two Super Constellations to depart Melbourne/Essendon on Qantas' inaugural round-the-world service. VH-EAO departed Australia via the 'Southern Cross' route across the Pacific. Textures by Tim Scharnhop
- Save the file. You're done. Your new aircraft will now appear in the aircraft selection menu within the sim.
- If you want to use the Qantas 'Round-the-world service' livery, just copy the file 'fuse_t.bmp' from the 'Qantas RTWL' folder into the 'texture.Qantas' folder.
The archive l1049_qa.zip has 32 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.