- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.44 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
FSXControls 4.0 is a set of programs for FSX. (1) GUI multifunction application comprising: comprehensive input controller setup; your hangar aircraft manager. (2) Charts and maps viewer gauge with airport and navaids info. (3) GhostMouse and FlexyCamera driver module for FSX. By Eugene Motorny. (See also FSXCONTROLS402PATCH.ZIP).
What's new in Version 4.0:
- Breaking changes:
- Port to .NET4.0.
- New configuration and navigation files format. Please carefully follow ALL steps of installation for seamless migration process.
- Restricted functionality for FSX RTM or FSX SP1 (only available: ChartViewer & native FSX shortcut editing).
- FlexyCamera axes remap for Airframe camera (spherical coordinates) was replaced by Spot Plane camera.
- Tested under both FSX SP2 and FSX Acceleration Pack.
- No more managed DirectX & SimConnect libraries required.
- More simple & robust installation.
- Dramatically rebuilt GUI with many new tools and simplified and unified operations.
- Unified common shortcut control configuration window (FSX + GhostMouse).
- XML gauge semiautomatic scripting support.
- "Button up" event support for GhostMouse shortcuts.
- Link to FSX via SimConnect with powerful command & variables spy tool.
- Automated aircraft group creation
- Makes a versioning backup (one per day) for critical configuration files.
- Correct camera 3D navigation.
- Camera configuration gauge for control all important camera settings during flight
- Spot plane camera.
- Rebuilt plates catalog for more simple & flexible image tree structure.
- Fast paging image in the folder.
- Plate pages orientation support.
This set is provided for free for NON commercial use for all MS Flight Simulator X funs. Of cause, this set is designed primarily for advanced FS pilots, but it can be used by everyone who wants to enhance one's simulator experience. The programs are easy to use but require a bit of FSX knowledge & experience for understanding. Sorry, this is just a result of my hobby & I can't provide comprehensive manual or full support for the software. The program will be enhanced but it'll be always in beta stage. No risk - no fun.
Whom this software is for?
- FSXControls.exe is for owners of advanced controller system with a lot of programmable buttons (home cockpits, joystick set, CHProducts' MFCpanel etc).
- ChartViewer.dll is for virtual pilots who prefer to fly with paper charts but not with artificial moving map. Real world pilots do not have moving map except GNS, but extensively use paper charts.
- EQModule.dll (GhostMouse driver) is for owners of advanced payware addon aircrafts. Unfortunately addon aircrafts mostly lack of feature that maps keyboard or joystick input to the advanced aircraft control. EQModule.dll do also many other neat tricks.
- EQModule.dll (FlexyCamera system) is the camera control system that provides the almost unlimited number of smooth and ease controlling cameras.
- GhostMouse is the Easter Egg of the program. I'm proud to share it among MSFS enthusiast community.
- The programs were developed using MS Visual Studio 2010 Express edition. Great thanks for Microsoft for this free amazing development platform. I really enjoyed the process.
- Windows XP SP3 or Windows 7 (x32 or x64). It should work on Vista too but I have not tested that.
- Properly installed MS FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration with SimConnect. (FSX SP1 is not supported from version 1.2.1 of FSXControls). "Properly installed" means that FSX was installed by the native installer. FSXControls relies on registry information and installed SimConnect runtime shipped with FSX.
- .NET 4.0 with latest service packs. Get it from Microsoft.
- Properly installed latest version of DirectX 9c.
- Full access (read, write, create) permissions to FSX installation folder & all its subfolders.The best way to escape the security problems is installing FSX to folder other than "Program Files". (I always install MSFS into D:\FSX folder.) If something goes wrong try to run FSXcontrols.exe with "Run as administrator" option.
The archive fsxcontrols.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Online manual for version 4.0 FSXControls.URL||03.12.13||241 B|
|Legal Terms.txt||03.12.13||947 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.