FSX Venice Tessera Int'l Airport Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 304.71 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 14 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Venice Tessera Int'l Airport "Marco Polo" (LIPZ), Italy. Based on the latest Jeppesen charts, Aeronautical Information Publication Italy and photos. By Claudio A. Dobre.
Venice Tessera Intl. Airport "Marco Polo" (LIPZ) - AFCAD For FSX Default Scenery
AFCAD file of LIPZ (Venice Tessera "Marco Polo") airport for FSX default scenery. In order to make the scenery as close as possible to the real airport the layout is based on the newest Jeppesen parking chart of LIPZ, on the Aeronautical Information Publication Italy and on photos of the real airport.
Main things that have been changed:
- RWY 4L/22R has been converted into main taxiway (as it is in the real LIPZ);
- runway strips and stopways have been added;
- Precision Approach Path Indicators with 3° slope have been added on both sides of RWY 4R/22L;
- according to ICAO documents, since RWY 4R/22L is a precision runway of the 3rd category the holding positions have been moved at 90 m and taxiways and apron links have been reduced to 23, 18 and 15 m;
- the approach lighting system has been modified to look as close as possible like the real one;
- parking codes have been added to match the latest airport timetable.
Note: In real life nearly 100% of the departures from RWY 4R (which is the runway in use during day almost all days of the year - RWY 22L is in use during night when the wind's direction changes) use SIDs based on the CHI VOR which means that even the airlines which fly to north once airborn won't turn left but right and make half circle in order to head north. I tried to make the aircraft fly like the real ones assigning right hand pattern to RWY 4R but seems that it doesn't work - aircraft that fly to north, after takeoff will turn left instead of turning right and making half circle.
January 18th, 2007
After adding "Afcad LIPZ" to "Addon Scenery" directory of FSX fire up Flight Simulator and add it as well to its scenery library, then restart it.
Claudio A. Dobre
The archive lipz_fsx.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Skycolors Team.url||08.16.05||80 B|
|SKYCOLORS TEAM Readme.txt||01.18.07||2.49 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.