FSX Vancouver Island Air DeHavilland Beaver
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 933.78 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Vancouver Island Air DeHavilland Beaver. Textures only for the default de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver. Repaint by Matthew Devenish.
Repaint of Default FSX Beaver in Vancouver Island Air colours.
Repaint by Matthew Devenish.
Vancouver Island Air operate two types of seaplanes, one of which is the Dehaviland DHC-2 Beaver. Their Beaver floatplanes provide chartered flights as well as regular scheduled flights from their base at Campbell River, Vancouver Island.
1. Unzip the contents of this zip file to a temporary folder.
2. Copy the folder named 'texture.via' to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2
3. Copy the text below into the aircraft.cfg found in the same folder mentioned above and replace the X's in [fltsim.XX] with the next value in the series. For example, if you last previous entry was [fltsim.2], you would replace the XX with the number 3.
title=DeHavilland Beaver DHC2 Vancouver Island Air
atc_airline=Vancouver Island Air
ui_variation="Vancouver Island Air"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
description="When pilots talk about the de Havilland Beaver, the word that inevitably comes up is workhorse. For more than 50 years this sturdy aircraft has flown into and out of remote locations aided by its power, all-metal ruggedness, wide stance, and short-takeoff-and-landing (STOL) capability. Whether fitted with wheels, skis, or pontoons, the Beaver is a can-do airplane. Often referred to as a “flying half-ton truck,?the Beaver is more versatile, and tougher, than any light truck. It was designed from the beginning to meet the needs of Canadian bush pilots, and no better plane for the purpose has come along. After half a century of service, the Beaver is still the thoroughbred of workhorse aircraft."
The archive dhc2_via.zip has 10 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.