FSX Regal Air DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 5.37 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Regal Air DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver, registration N9877R. The Beaver 'N9877R' (c/n 1180) is based in Anchorage and operated by Regal Air. This is a repaint for the FSX default Beaver. By Tim Scharnhop.
1. Unzip B_N9877R.ZIP to a temporary folder, ensuring that you retain folder names.
2. Within the download, move the texture folder 'texture.N9877R' to the folder 'DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2' within your 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes' folder.
3. Open the aircraft.cfg with a text editor. Enter the following section under the last [flightsim.XX] entry, numbering them sequentially:
title=DeHavilland Beaver DHC2 Regal Air N9877R
ui_variation="Regal Air N9877R"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
description="When pilots talk about the de Havilland Beaver, the word that inevitably comes up is workhorse. For more than 50 years this sturdy aircraft has flown into and out of remote locations aided by its power, all-metal ruggedness, wide stance, and short-takeoff-and-landing (STOL) capability. Whether fitted with wheels, skis, or pontoons, the Beaver is a can-do airplane. Often referred to as a “flying half-ton truck,?the Beaver is more versatile, and tougher, than any light truck. It was designed from the beginning to meet the needs of Canadian bush pilots, and no better plane for the purpose has come along. After half a century of service, the Beaver is still the thoroughbred of workhorse aircraft."
4. Save the file. You're done. Your new aircraft will now appear in the aircraft selection menu within the sim.
By Tim Scharnhop
The archive b_n9877r.zip has 16 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.