FSX Grafton District Airport Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.18 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Grafton District Airport (YGFN), Australia. A delighful small airport approximately 80 nautical miles from Coffs Harbour and a slightly shorter distance to Ballina and Lismore. This makes a good stopover for hopping down the east coast of Australia. By John Ross.
The size of the airport has allowed me to put in that extra detail which makes to terminal and surrounds very much "as in real life". Photographic textures are used for the background blended into the Winter and Spring seasons.
- There is a small traffic file to place a touch and go small aircraft and a few other planes.
- The windsocks should rotate to the wind direction.
- All cones and gables are placed as accurately as possible so the gables may appear not to conform to strict standards in placement - but that is where they are!
- Most textures are from photographs taken at the airport a couple of years ago.
- All textures and libraries for the airport are contained withing the grafton folder. No other installed textures are required or libraries.
1) Move the unzipped Grafton folder to wherever you place your add-on scenery.
2) Move the unzipped Grafton land class folder to your usual location.
3In the scenery library select Grafton and Grafton Land Class and place grafton above other land class and below other mesh files.
eg Lismore fsx 2
Lismore land class 5
Grafton land class 6
4)You can start from either end of the runway or outside the terminal.
NDB is 389
All models are my own except the vehicles and a few bits and pieces from the standard FSX objects.
Planner was used to change the runway TVASI and aprons.
A mixture of Sbuilder and KML_FSX was used for land class, coastal work and other vector work.
None of this work is to be used for a profit without the authors consent. If reproduced elsewhere that is not a problem but a courtesy email would be well received.
Any comments will be answered - good or bad. If you enjoy it let us know.
For VOZ users the upcoming Voz Scenery X will contain this airport with changes and improvements but for now it works OK in default FSX. When you get VSX just remove this scenery from your scenery library then delete the folders.
The archive gftnfsx.zip has 48 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|grafton exl hydro poly q11.bgl||09.23.07||228 B|
|grafton exl hydro poly q112.bgl||09.24.07||460 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.