FSX Alf's UK Airfields Volume 3 Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.3 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Alf's UK Airfields Volume 3. Upgrades many small UK airfields whose default versions have little or no detail. Based on Google Earth and airport guides. This volume includes EGKH Lashenden, EGSX North Weald, EGCJ Sherburn-in-Elmett, EGBS Shobdon. By Alf Denham.
Alf's UK Airfields Volume 3 Scenery.
Although FSX scenery is a great improvement on FS2004, there are still many small airfields in the UK with little or no details. I have tried to improve this in a small way. I do not have any direct knowledge, or indeed any useful photos of these airfields so do not aim to make them accurate, only better.
They were compiled using aerial views from Google Earth, Pooleys UK Flight Guide, FSX SDK Object Placement Tool. I have previously used AFX v1.04 running under Vista (not recommended by Flight1). The main problem seemed to be in compiling 'excludes'. I have now switched to using the excellent ADE v1.22 which has fixed my exclude problems. It is also possible to alter landclass texures with it also, a great improvement. I may update my earlier volumes with it.
I only used the standard FSX scenery data so there are no dedicated objects, only generic ones, but I hope it does improve some of the smaller airfields. There may be some slight problems. I find it works OK without OR with FSX SP2 running under Vista but running under Windows XP and no SP2 a few objects don't appear. However under XP I'm using lower graphics settings and a less powerful PC.
Whatever method you prefer.
1. Copy all the .bgl files in the Scenery folders for each respective airfield into ...Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Scenery. It always works for me but if you prefer, unzip to a temporary folder first then copy them over from there. OR
2. Copy (or unzip) each of the respective scenery folders into Addon Scenery. OR
3. Make a named folder (i.e. ShobdonEGBS) for each of the airfields in the Addon Scenery folder, place the respective scenery folders into them and then install them into the Scenery Library in the usual method.
To uninstall just remove the files again.
This Volume consists of:
EGSX North Weald
Volume 1 consisted of:
EGTZ Old Warden [See Old Warden ReadMe]
Volume 2 consisted of:
The archive alfsukv3.zip has 48 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.