FSX Saab 340B Paint Kit
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 5.29 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Saab 340B Paint Kit. An unofficial "better than nothing" paintkit for Brett Henderson's Saab 340. Layered and unlayered versions in various formats (.psd,. xcf, .pdn, .jpg, etc.) included. Version 1.1. By Bjoern Kesten.
//Repaint Templates for Brett Henderson's Saab 340B (Version 1.1)//
This paintkit isn't much, but better than nothing. At least until Brett releases an official version.
Please read the "layer names" section as well. It contains some information about the layers in the texture files to make painting a bit easier.
// Contents //
- Layered paint kit for Photoshop, Gimp and Paint.net (the latter two are freeware!).
- Unlayered paintkit for everyone else (WARNING! Only if you've got masochistic tendencies! Better get Gimp or Paint.net!).
- Preview images and thumbnails.
- This Readme.
// Changes in 1.1 //
- Made the engine more easily repaintable
- Corrected an erroneous panel line and emergency exit line placement on the right side of the fuselage.
- Minor changes to this readme.
- Renamed the folder "BMP + JPEG" to "Unlayered Formats" and added .gif, .png and .tga versions of this paintkit.
// Formats provided //
- Photoshop (.psd)
- Gimp (.xcf)
- Paint.net (.pdn)
- Ye goode olde Bitmap (.bmp)
- For whatever reasons also JPEG (.jpg), GIF (.gif), Targa (.tga) and Portable Network Graphics (.png)
// Layer names //
From top to bottom, as you will see them in the painting program:
Various stuff, not sure what it belongs to.
The fuselage, top is the airplane's left side, bottom is the right side.
"Vert Stab R"
Right side of the vertical stabilizer. Except from being mirrored from the left stabilizer, the right stabilizer is also a bit smaller than the left one (layer size: 810*406px).
The engine, the black thing on the bottom left is the turbine's air inlet.
"Vert Stab L"
Vertical stabilizer left side.
Various stuff, not sure what this is mapped to.
The panel seen in the exterior model's cockpit.
"Gear doors + Lo"
The nose gear doors and the lower fuselage at the wingroot. The two rectangles on top of the layer are actually placeholders for any aircraft numbers. They're at the forward end of the doors. This should give you some kind of reference if you have to paint them.
More important than it sounds!
Make sure to fill this layer in the fuselage color or you WILL get black bits on the rear fuselage and the small "wings" on the vertical stabilizer.
// Credits //
- Brett Henderson (original textures)
- Carl Hudson (Nextjet repaint on which this paintkit is partially based)
- Bjorn Kesten (fiddling, layering, riveting, panel lining, copy-pasting, swearing, yelling at the texture layout)
The archive fsxs340bpkit11.zip has 19 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Unlayered Formats||09.06.09||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.