Johannesburg International Airport was established in 1952 and named after Field Marshal Jan Christian Smuts, who was the prime minister of the Union of South Africa from 1919 to 1924 and also from 1939 to 1948. Following the ending of apartheid in 1994, the reformed South African government implemented a national policy of not naming airports after politicians. The airports name, and that of other international and regional airports in South Africa, was changed to politically-neutral names. In 2006 however, the airport was again renamed to OR (Oliver Reginald) Tambo International Airport, the former president of the African National Congress (ANC).
- Highly Detailed International/Domestic Terminal Buildings.
- High quality textures on buildings both night and day.
- Accurate Runway/Apron Lighting.
- Elevated Approach Lights.
- Fully AI-Traffic compatible.
- Animated Jetways added where available.
- Fully configurable installer - No computer experience needed to install!
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.
1 commentsLeave a Response
The content of the comments below are entirely the opinions of the individual posting the comment and do not always reflect the views of Fly Away Simulation. We moderate all comments manually before they are approved.
This is a fantastic download, I recommend it!