Aerosoft has released Vilnius International X, scenery add-on for Vilnius International Airport.
Vilnius International Airport is one of the largest airports in Lithuania. Located in Vilnius, Lithuania’s capital, Vilnius Airport is one of the rapidly growing airports in Europe, handling about 2 million passengers every year. The airport is served by several European low-cost airlines that offer regular direct and connecting flights to a number of destinations in the region.
The airport has a long history – it was built in1954 and has a standard Soviet airport terminal design – the airport buildings’ ceilings and walls feature bay leaves and wreaths while the outside has sculptures of workers, aviators and soldiers.
After Lithuania joined the European Union in 2004, the country’s economy grew and a new 17,000 m2 (180,000 sq ft) terminal building was built in 2007. The terminal building features six passenger-boarding bridges, trendy passenger check-in facilities, as well as a first-rate VIP lounge.
Since the opening of the new terminal, passenger throughput has increased and the quality of passenger service has improved significantly. Today, Vilnius International Airport is a state owned enterprise managed by Lithuania’s Ministry of Transport and Communications.
Now you can fly into this airport with Vilnius International Airport X.
- A very detailed virtual presentation of the airport and Vilnius city – portrays all airport buildings and the surrounding area
- Photo realistic ground textures
- Several runway and taxiway signs
- Runway and taxiway lights that match the airport’s real lights
- Outstanding night effects
- Realistic navigation aids
- AI compatible
- Superb frame rates
The product includes FSX and FS2004 versions, and comes with a detailed manual and charts.
System requirements for FSX:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- 2,6 GHz processor, Dual Core processor with 3 GHz recommended, 2 GB RAM
- Download-Size is 450 MB, installation-Size: 500 MB
System requirements for FS2004:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- 3 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM
- Download-Size is 450 MB, installations-Size is 500 MB
Vilnius is a busy airport – it is the main hub for Lithuanian charter airlines Small Planet Airlines and Aurela, as well as Lithuanian cargo airline Aviavilsa. It is also a secondary hub for Wizz Air, a Hungarian low-cost airline.
If you want to experience flying into a Lithuanian airport, try Vilnius Airport International X. This product will offer you high levels of immersion.
What I like about this product
- It really brings Vilnius International Airport to life, with a busy ambiance accurately portrayed
- All airport buildings and the beautiful city of Vilnius are shown in detail
- Having landed at Vilnius International Airport recently on one of my sojourns in Northern Europe, this product does a great job of representing this airport.
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.