AFCAD File For HKMO
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.29 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 24 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Moi International Airport, Mombasa, Kenya, v1. Created by Bashir Ismail.
Moi International Airport (IATA: MBA, ICAO: HKMO), also Mombasa Airport, serves the city of Mombasa, and is the second most important airport in Kenya after Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. It is located in the township of Port Reitz. The airport is run by Kenya Airports Authority. It has two runways, 03/21 and 15/33. Runway 21 is equipped with an ILS. It was named after former Kenyan President Daniel arap Moi during his tenure.
The airport was originally known as "Port Reitz Airport". It was built during the Second World War by the Engineer Corps of the South African Army. During that war it was used by the Fleet Air Arm for the defense of the British Eastern Fleet which was based at nearby Kilindini Harbor from 1942, by the RAF which operated anti-submarine Catalina flying boats off the East Africa coast and by the South African Air Force which was engaged in the war against Italy in Abbysinia.
The airport was expanded to an international airport in 1979.
Airlines that serve Moi International Airport, Mombasa are:
- African Express Airways (Aden, Al-Mukalla, Dubai, Nairobi)
- Airkenya Express (Nairobi-Wilson)
- Condor Airlines (Frankfurt)
- East African Safari Air (Nairobi)
- Edelweiss Air (Zurich)
- Eurofly (Bologna, Milan-Malpensa, Rome-Fiumicino)
- Fly540 (Nairobi)
- JetLink Express (Nairobi)
- Kenya Airways (Nairobi)
- Livingston Energy Flight (Milan-Malpensa, Rome Fiumicino)
- Martinair (Brussels, Amsterdam)
- Neos (Bologna, Milan-Malpensa, Rome Fiumicino)
- Precision Air (Dar es Salaam)
- Thomson Airways (London-Gatwick, Manchester)
The FSX one was not convincing enough! I have tried to make it close to realistic as possible using Airport Scenery Creator v1.39.22 and the objects that are available for use from FSX SP2 - Acceleration. Hope this will make your stop-over more enjoyable!
- Drop the HKNW.bgl and HKNW_cvx.BGL into your FSX/Addon scenery/scenery folder,and away you go!
The archive hkmo.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|HKMO_Read me.txt||04.26.09||3.01 kB|
|Map of Kenya.jpg||04.26.09||777.24 kB|
|Moi International Airport.jpg||04.26.09||55.73 kB|
|Mombasa city Map.jpg||04.25.09||291.61 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.