FS2004 Polar Air Cargo Boeing 747-200 Pack
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 3.38 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Polar Air Cargo 747-200 (six variations) for AI Aardvark's model. Textures only; requires AIA742PW. By David White.
Screenshot of Polar Air Cargo Boeing 747-200 in the air.
- Just drop the texture folders into your "AIA_747_200_PW" folder. Note Texture's 508, 509 and 921 use the 747-200 GE model, 920 uses the the 747-200F PW model.(The base 747-200 package must be downloaded separately to use this paint).
- Copy the [fltsim.x] entry supplied into the aircraft.cfg file supplied in the base package mentioned above. Be sure to number them correctly, starting sequentially with [fltsim.0] and working your way up with each additional livery you add...e.g. [fltsim.0], [fltsim.1], [fltsim.2]...making sure not to skip or duplicate any numbers in the sequence.
- Copy the night texture into all the texture folders.
- Then assign the aircraft to some flightplans and you're on your way.
This aircraft was designed specifically for use as an AI aircraft. As such, the primary design criteria were that it look good sitting at the gate, or as seen when landing from an aircraft waiting to take off.
This plane also uses 16 different LOD (levels of detail) models, which means that as the plane gets visually smaller, the model displayed becomes simpler and simpler, thus reducing the drag on your computer.
If you download a GMAX aircraft that is just gorgeous, but really chews up your frame rates when used as AI if several of them appear on the screen at once, the designer probably did not use the LOD feature, so the model is always 20,000 polygons no matter how far away from you it is.
The archive ai742pac.zip has 13 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIA 747-200 Polar Air Cargo Readme.txt||10.29.04||5.15 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.