FS2004 Hawthorne Nevada Airlines DC-3
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.05 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default Douglas DC3 in the colors of the now defunct Hawthorne Nevada Airlines, which flew gambler junkets from Hawthorne and Burbank in SoCal to Vegas and Hawthorne. The flights left SoCal right after work, and got you back to Cali in time for work next morning. By Vince Coratello of Studio Kokopelli.
- Find and open: Drive C/ Program Files/ Microsoft Games/ FS9/ Aircraft/ Douglas DC-3. This is a typical setup, your personal system may vary.
- Drag-and-drop or cut-and-paste the 'texture.nevada' folder in its entirety from the unzipped 'DC3NV' folder into your 'Douglas DC-3' aircraft folder.
- Find the 'aircraft.cfg' file inside the 'Douglas DC-3' folder, and open it with Notepad.
- Copy and paste the following entry onto the 'aircraft.cfg' file, directly under the last aircraft listed there:
title=Douglas DC-3 Nevada Airlines
ui_variation="Hawthorne Nevada Airlines"
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today.
In the first line of this new entry, you must change the XXXX in '[fltsim.XXXX]' to the next consecutive number of aircraft. For instance, if the last plane before this entry is labelled '[fltsim.3]', then you must change the XXXX to 4, so that the new entry reads '[fltsim.4]'. You get the idea.
- Save the changes to the aircraft.cfg file by hitting CNTRL + S keys, or by the pulldown 'FILE/SAVE'. Do not do 'SAVE AS'.
- Close all files, archive 'DC3NV.ZIP', fire up FS9 and go flying.
The new entry will appear in your aircraft directory as Aircraft Manufacturer: Douglas < Aircraft Model: DC-3 < Variation: Hawthorne Nevada Airlines.
The archive dc3nv.zip has 15 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|DC-3 NEVADA INSTALL.txt||08.04.07||4.71 kB|
|NEVADA BEAUTY SHOT.bmp||08.04.07||814.27 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.