FSX Compatible F-86 Sabre Engine Smoke Effect
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 207.01 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 29 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
After multiple requests, an alternative engine smoke effect for the FS2004 Kirk Olsson F-86 Sabre when used in FSX, any version of which you must have previously installed in FSX. Easy Installation. By Tom Tiedman.
- Open your F-86 "aircraft.cfg" file, find the [SMOKESYSTEM] section, and delete it.
- Copy and paste all of the [SMOKESYSTEM] info. below back into your F-86 "aircraft.cfg" file, replacing what you just deleted.
- Copy and paste the enclosed "fx_smoke_f6.fx" file into your FSX "Effects" folder. (It's probably there already).
- Press your "I" key (or not) while flying your F-86 and enjoy the smoke!
smoke.0= -20.0, 0.0, 0.8, fx_smoke_f6
The archive fsx_f-86_sabre_engine_smoke.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|READ ME and INSTALLATION.txt||07.27.10||1.53 kB|
|Smoke 2.jpg||07.27.10||56.92 kB|
|Smoke 3.jpg||07.27.10||58.01 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.