FSX F-4 Phantom II Smoke Effects
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 466.54 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Engine smoke effect for the Ito/Rooks F-4 Phantom II such as the "VX-4 Black Bunny" (VX-4BLACKBUNNY.ZIP) and the "VF-101 Grim Reapers" (VF101GRIMREAPERS.ZIP) models. Easy installation. By Tom Tiedman.
- Open your F-4 "aircraft.cfg" file, find the [SMOKESYSTEM] section, and delete it. It does not display properly in FSX. (The afterburner flames will still display... in fact, in FSX you will notice they are displayed in all throttle settings).
- Copy and paste all of the [SMOKESYSTEM] info. below back into your F-4 "aircraft.cfg" file, replacing what you just deleted. (Then click 'file', then click 'save', of course).
- Copy and paste the enclosed "fx_smoke_f6.fx" file into your FSX "Effects" folder. (It's probably there already).
- Press your "I" key while flying your F-4 and enjoy the smoke coming off of the afterburner flames!
smoke.0=-17.732, -2.306, .801, fx_smoke_f6
smoke.1=-17.732, 2.306, .801, fx_smoke_f6
The archive fsx_f-4_phantom_ii_engine_smoke.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|READ ME and INSTALLATION.txt||07.29.10||1.31 kB|
|Smoke 1.jpg||07.29.10||158.27 kB|
|Smoke 2.jpg||07.29.10||47.69 kB|
|Smoke 3.jpg||07.29.10||80.97 kB|
|Smoke 4.jpg||07.29.10||60.60 kB|
|Smoke 5.jpg||07.29.10||60.40 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.