FS2004 AFCAD2 Files For South Africa V1
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 31.33 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Files attached are for Cape Town (FACT), George (FAGG), Port Elizabeth (FAPE), East London (FAEL), Durban (FADN), Richard's Bay (FARB), Johannesburg (FAJS), Bloemfontein (FABL) and Kimberley (FAKM). By V.F. Holderness.
These airports will allow your SAA, Nationwide, Kulula.com, SA Express, SA Airlink and BA/Comair (in BA Union livery) aircraft to provide the domestic services, with major International links from FAJS, FACT and FADN.
Notes on airports:
- FACT - Previously uploaded, this version, 41 has improved parking, lighting and taxiways. In accordance with SA CAA layout.
- FAGG - Additional parking to allow b737 type aircraft to use airport.
- FAPE - In accordance with SA CAA layout. Additional parking also provided for GA aircraft.
- FAEL - Correct layout basically, additional GA parking.
- FADN - In accordance with SA CAA layout. Additional parking also provided for GA aircraft.
- FARB - Improved parking to cope with realistic load and type of aircraft.
- FAJS - Previously uploaded, this version, 41 has improved parking, lighting and taxiways. In accordance with SA CAA layout. Runway properties altered to use 3L and 21R for take off, and 3R and 21L for landing. I have read that ATC ignores these settings, but it seemed to work here.
- FABL - Improved parking, generally correct and able to cope with realistic traffic load.
- FAKM - Correct layout basically, additional GA parking.
If you check the Tool menu, Fault Finder, in some airports you will errors "nodes possibly unconnected" and "isolated segment" This is because I have used an unmarked wide taxiway link to create a parking surface for additional parking, generally in the correct positions. Do not delete them, if you do the aircraft will park on grass!
The Control Tower at each airport has been positioned in the correct place. Runways properties have not been altered (except for FAJS).
Airline parking: Priority has not been given for specific airline parking. I prefer standard airports with standard parking to provide a full basic layout, as every user has a different selection of aircraft and airlines. South African airports do not generally have dedicated parking in any case. Feel free to add your own airline parking and priorities.
You must have AFCAD 204 or later installed. Just move the unzipped file(s) into your FS2004 file Addon Scenery\scenery and when next you load FS2004 the new parking will be installed. If you don't like it, just delete it and the original file will be activated at the next load. If you have previous fact and fajs of mine delete them before installing these.
You may modify, use and redistribute these files in any way you see fit, on your own responsibility.
Thanks as always to Lee Swordy for his great AFCAD and Ttools programs. The latest Traffic tools for FS2004, version 202, has been available from 16 August 2003 , with the new AFCAD 204 for FS2004 from end October 2003. (v210 out soon).
The archive afsa1vfh.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.