FSX Features For Pilotable Destroyers Of The County Class
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 5.5 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Features For Pilotable Destroyers Of The County Class. FSX features for pilotable British Navy destroyers of the County class (COUNTY_CLASS_DESTROYERS.ZIP required). These ships from Mike Hudson are generally used as a static scenery or as AI ships. This add-on provides a pilotable HMS Devonshire or HMS Antrim with photorealistic bridge, sounds and special effects. Ten camera views let you explore the ship: Stand at the Seaslug or at the Seacat launcher or at the 20mm Oerlikon. Look at the Westland Wessex helicopter on the heli deck, have the view of the helicopter pilot, rotate the remote fire control or the turret, fire guns or missiles. Bitmaps and configuration by Erwin Welker.
1. Install my folder "Destroyer County class" with my panel, sound, aircraft.cfg and airfile first.
2. Copy the Gauges and Effects into the mainfolder of FSX.
3. Download and install the ai-version.
4. Install the downloaded ai-ship for general ai-usage as requested for the download from Mike Hudson.
5. Copy from the ai-version the Model.gun, the Model.exocet and the textures (overwrite YES) into the folder for the pilotable version, named "Destroyer County class".
!!!Do not copy the sim.cfg! It is only for ai-ship!!!
Views and features: (toggle with S-key to aircraft-views, then toggle with A-key for other views)
1. The Seaslug launcher can be fired with the key, which is configured for the strobe light.
2. The Westland Wessex helicopter can set onto the heli deck, following the command in the upper right corner
3. Have the view of a helicopter pilot of a Westland Wessex, following ...
4. Trigger the AA-gun with the G-key
5. Rotate the remote fire control (following ...) with your coolie hat of your joystick or with the numpad keys. Fire the guns in a 12 o'clock direction, using the I-key (smoke system). Fire the Seaslug missiles in a 6 o'clock direction with the strobe-switch
6. Rotate the 2nd gun turret (following ...) with your coolie hat of your joystick or with the numpad keys. Fire the guns with the I-key (Smoke system).
Remember: Some sounds are only in the panel view mode available or they are very low in the aircraft views
F8-F5 (Flaps): Missilie launch
ZZ: (Autopilot disengage): Schips typhoon
Shift E (Exit open/close): Alarm
G (Gear/Gun): 20mm Oerlikon
Many thanks to Mike Hudson. Now I can play that ship I have had as ship model as child and the real HMS.Devonshire, I have visitet in Kiel 1973. Many thanks to all of the creative persons, who do such a great work. I am sorry, but I do not know from whom all the gauges, effects and sounds are. I have to many.
This file is FREEWARE. It should not harm your computer, but you install it on your own risk. Feel free to copy or to distribute it, but don't make any money with it. It is not permitted to use it for commercial-purpose.
The archive county_class_pilotable.zip has 44 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Destroyer County Class||09.21.11||0 B|
|Remote Firecontrol.bmp||02.08.10||1.37 MB|
|Wessex Panel.BMP||09.21.11||1.37 MB|
|Westland Wessex.BMP||09.21.11||1.37 MB|
|HMS Devonshire.jpg||09.21.11||75.16 kB|
|Heli deck.jpg||09.21.11||113.43 kB|
|Seaslug launcher.jpg||09.21.11||68.01 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.