FSX Margarita Island Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 48.16 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 5 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Margarita Island, an aviation resort. Requires several previous Caribbean Seaplane Tours scenery files. Includes Del Caribe Airport (SVMG), race courses, areas for blimps, soaring, seaplanes and vintage aircraft and more. By Chris Carel.
1. Microsoft Flight Simulator, FSX
2. Caribbean SeaPlane Tours, Florida Operations
3. Caribbean SeaPlane Tours, Caribbe West
4. Caribbean SeaPlane Tours, Bahamas
5. Caribbean SeaPlane Tours, Caribbe East
Introduction: First, I would like to thank you for downloading this freeware project. It is a fictional airlines based on “Real World” places. Where possible, I’ve tried to stay as true to the photographs I had available. The “Thank You”(s) for this project are numerous.
Feel free to create and post add-on scenery, afcad, AI, repaints and/or anything else you can come up with!
Installation: Hopefully your reading this first, you‘ve got it downloaded but now what to do…..it‘s easy. Run the self-installer and activate in the FSX Settings - Scenery Library.
1. Start FSX and go to Settings, now click on Scenery Library. Next you’ll click on Add then in the Addon Scenery Folder, Open Caribbean Seaplane Tours Margarita Island. There will be one folder inside, Margarita Island, click on it you should see two folder, scenery and texture….now click OK, that it….lets go fly!
2. Manual install….For those of you that prefer to go it alone. Start the self-installer and point toward a temporary file instead of browsing to your “Main FSX Folder”. Then open the temporary folder, you see a folder “Addon Scenery”! Copy this entire folder to your main FSX folder. SPECIAL NOTE: The scenery and texture folder DO NOT GO in the main scenery and texture folders….they go in Addon Scenery! Next, you have to activate just like you would any other scenery addon.
That’s it……for installation but there are some hints below:
Download a good vehicle to drive around the sceneries!
The following are "Navigational Aids" for the identified area.
1. Main Airport “Del Caribe” (SVMG)
VOR 114.10 MTA
Special Note: The acrobatic air course is due west of the airport!
2. Margarita Air Races: There are two races….they are designated by red/green flags. The green flag course is a tri-oval similar to NACAR and the Reno Air races. It uses two towers topped by green flags at the north and south ends of the Island. The Tri-oval is formed by flying through the main towers at the end of the runways. The second course covers approximately 350 miles down through South America. Each check point has a VOR. You make the rule….I recommend that you fly below the flags and enter from the numbered side!
Margarita Air Races Airport (MIRA)
VOR 109.50 (MIRA)
Distance Race Gates
Gate 1 VOR 108.00 (CSP Race Gate 1)
Gate 2 VOR 108.10 (CSP Race Gate 2)
Gate 3 VOR 108.20 (CSP Race Gate 3)
Gate 4 VOR 108.30 (CSP Race Gate 4)
Gate 5 VOR 108.40 (CSP Race Gate 5)
Gate 6 VOR 108.50 (CSP Race Gate 6)
Gate 7 VOR 108.60 (CSP Race Gate 7)
Gate 8 VOR 108.70 (CSP Race Gate 8)
Gate 9 VOR 108.80 (CSP Race Gate 9)
CSP Margarita Island Blimps VOR 109.60 MIRB
- A place for you guys and gals to land those big dirigibles…also, a great advantage point to watch the races in multi-player.
CSP Margarita Island Vintage VOR 109.70 MIRC
- For those of you that like vintage aircraft….Your own vintage airport complete with smoking barrels to mark the landing strip.
CSP Margarita Island Soaring VOR 109.80 MIRD
- For who like the wind beneath their wings….Dirt runway going up and down hill….be careful!
CSP Margarita Island SeaPlane Dock 1 VOR 109.90 MIRE
- Another boat dock for you pleasure
CSP Margarita Island Ultralight Landing VOR 110.00 MIRF
- This is an above ground landing area for ultra light and hang glider enthusiasts. You can go off the side in the hang glider located at simviation or try being towed in a small glider
CSP Margarita Island SeaPlane Dock 2 VOR 110.10 MIRG
- Located over by the Raceways
CSP Margarita Island Military Museum VOR 110.20 MIRH
CSP Margarita Island Military Docks VOR 110.30 MIRI
- Watch out for the carrier…it is landable with a trapping system
BOAT TRAFFIC…..Included in the main download is a folder “FSX Scenery”. Inside you’ll find a folder called “World” with a scenery folder with includes a .bgl file called trafficcsp.bgl. Move this file to you main Scenery folder” I.e., FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery
This file add a landable carrier that travels though the eastern half of the Caribbean. It departs Jacksonville, Fl…travels past Cocoa Beach, Miami, Cuba, St. Martin and on to Margarita Island. It is accompanied by two other ship. There is a Cargo Vessel that leaves Savanna Ga, and stops at Margarita Island and two Cruise Ships that leave Cocoa Beach one travels the Western Caribbean and the other the Eastern Caribbean.
In response to some e-mails…..more Caribbean SeaPlane Tours Paints!
Default Beech Baron 58
Default Beech King Air 350
Default Cessna Skyhawk 172SP
Default Aircreation 582
David Rowberry’s Aeriane Swift light Glider
I hope you enjoy this scenery…..as much, as I enjoyed creating it.
Enjoy…….and happy Flying
The archive csptmi.zip has 14 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Caribbean SeaPlane Tours Margarita Island.exe||02.02.08||46.64 MB|
|FSX Scenery||02.02.08||0 B|
|HTML Read-Me||02.02.08||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.