FSX Birmingham Int'l Airport Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 886.15 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 11 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Birmingham Int'l Airport UK. This is an update to the scenery of EGBB. Changes in this update include the replacement of the old 06-24 runway with taxiways L and T, new taxiway markings/signs/lighting to reflect this change, adjustment of some taxiways to place them more accurately and various new buildings behind the main terminal buildings. Requires EGBBX10.ZIP. By Phil Reynolds.
This scenery (including all files within this zip file) is freeware and must not be used in whole or in part for profit. None of the files contained within this zip file may be amended or discarded. If any clarification on these points is required, you should contact the author.
This scenery must not be uploaded to any website for general download without the express permission of the author.
I accept no responsibility for any damage or loss of data incurred due to the installation of this scenery. The scenery has been thoroughly tested by experienced Flight Simulator users and shouldn’t cause any issues, but in today’s legal climate I have to state this for my own sake.
This is an update to version 1.0 of my FSX scenery for EGBB. You must have version 1.0 installed before installing this update. The original scenery can be found online.
The scenery has been primarily designed to fit seamlessly with the excellent VFR Photographic Scenery Generation-X from Horizon Simulation Ltd. However, the scenery will also work with just the default FSX product and has been tested to ensure this is the case. I am unsure whether other products will have an effect on my scenery, you will have to try it and see!
In this update you will find the following additions/changes.
- Runway 06-24 has been totally removed, with taxiways L and T taking its place.
- Revised taxiway markings have been added to reflect the new taxiways.
- Airport signs have been updated around the 06-24 runway area.
- Taxiway E (in the area of hold E7) has been moved to locate it in its real world position. It was previously too close to taxiway D.
- Taxiway C and its holds C1 and C2 have been moved to more accurate positions.
- Accurate buildings around the terminals (car parks, hotels and office buildings) have been added.
You can find official charts of the airfield on the NATS website. You do need to register to access the site but currently this is a free service.
This scenery has been designed to work with Flight Simulator X only. I have used several techniques that are FSX specific and do not work in earlier versions of Flight Simulator. It has been tested on installations with both SP1 and SP2 installed and no adverse effects were reported.
Please read and follow these instructions carefully, as any mistake will cause problems when using this scenery!
1. Before starting, make sure that FSX is not running.
2. Locate the folder that you have previously installed v1.0 of my EGBB scenery. You should have two sub-folders called Scenery and Texture.
3. Unzip the contents of the Scenery.zip file into your Scenery sub-folder, allowing any files to be overwritten if prompted.
4. Unzip the contents of the Texture.zip file into your Texture sub-folder, allowing any files to be overwritten if prompted.
I am extremely grateful to the authors of all the following freeware tools enabling me to create this scenery.
Library Creator XML – Arno Gerretsen
ObPlacer XML – Arno Gerretsen
FSX Planner – zBlueSoftware
FSX_KML – Innova Software
DXPBmp – Martin Wright
Thanks also to Gerry Winskill for beta testing the update.
The archive egbbxv11.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.