In January 2010, Area 51 announced an additional helicopter release for FS2004 and FSX, the armed OH-58D Kiowa Warrior.
Approximately 375 Kiowas are in service all over the world as armed recon copters. Kiowa Warrior, a single engine, double-bladed armed reconnaissance helicopter has been deployed in support of armed forces of the United States around the world including Somalia, Haiti and the Gulf of Arabia (Desert Shield and Desert Storm).
Flight Simulator Specifications are as follows:
- Designed for FSX and FS2004 engines
- Exceptionally high detail exterior and interior
- Custom Weapon Sets (Rocket, Hellifire and Gun versions)
- Photoreal Texture Sets (Afghanistan, Bosnia)
- Pilot Night Vision Goggle animations
- Sound set
- 2D Panel
- Clickable switches
- Flight manual
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior has a great appeal among gamers, for a number of reasons:
- Outstanding war-fighting capabilities
- It has long range day and night target acquisition
- It has multiple armaments
- It has multi-purpose quick-change kits, and can be armed and ready to fight quickly
- It is combat-proven
In addition to the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, Area 51 also announced the release two other products during 2010, namely C-5M Galaxy and AH-1S Cobra.
Don't forget... We have a huge selection (over 24,000 files) of free mods and add-ons for MSFS, FSX, P3D & X-Plane in the file library. Files include aircraft, scenery, and utilities All are free-to-download and use - you don't even need to register. Browse on down to the file library here.