AFCAD For RPVM
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 11.73 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
AFCAD For RPVM, Mectan, Cebu International Airport, Lapu-Lapu City, The Philippines, for use with the default scenery. Features redrawn aprons, realigned taxiways, gates changed to handle appropriate aircraft, jetways added and more. By Matthew Brooks.
Made with ADE V1.35 and is for the default RPVM airport in FSX. The airport was changed primarily based on Google Earth images and memory from my recent stop there.
Mactan, Cebu International is arguably the Philippines second hub (after Ninoy Aquino International, Manila) and sees domestic traffic from Philippines Airlines, Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific and South East Asian Airlines. It receives direct flights from a number of major carriers including Cathay Pacific, Asiana, Korean Air, Qatar Airways, Malaysian Airlines, Mandarin Airlines and Silkair. Fedex reportedly fly here, though I have not seen them. Cebu Pacific also fly to a number of international destinations from here.
The airport is a dual civil/miltary airport and is home to much of the Philippines Airforce C130 fleet. Principal changes to the default airport are:
- Aprons completely re-drawn to the shapes shown in Google Earth and the terminal re-positioned.
- Taxiways re-aligned as shown in Google Earth.
- Gates changed to accommodate the appropriate aircraft.
- Jetways added.
- Gates and parking spots coded to appropriate airlines and aircraft.
- All GA parking spots re-positioned and constrained to the appropriate aircraft types.
- Business jet parking spots coded.
- MIL_CARGO parking spots added.
- Helipads added.
Default buildings have mostly been retained - the terminal bears little resemblance to the real thing but there was not anything more appropriate - but several have been re-positioned to their true location. I am not a great user of Military AI packages but, to get the most out of the dual use airport, I do recommend downloading and installing MAIW's Exotic Alberts Package Philippines Part 1 - maiw_eap_philippines.zip.
- Extract fsx_rpvm_mb from the zip file to your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder in FSX and re-start FSX.
The archive rpvm_mb.zip has 5 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.