AFCAD File For KMIA
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 602.35 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 29 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Miami International Airport, Florida (FL). This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport, one file with the Crosswind runway operating where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one file as the default runway operation: assigned parking with extra parking, the new terminal D Expansion added including the extension for American Eagle flights, taxiways and taxi signs updated, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view) please view the readme before installation. By Ray Smith.
There are 3 BGL files: KMIA_ADE_RS.BGL, KMIA_ADE_CW_RS.BGL and a KMIA_ADE_OBJ.BGL file.
- The KMIA_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
- The KMIA_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Crosswind runway activated and in full operation.
- The KMIA_ADE_OBJ.BGL file is the scenery objects file, Please make sure this file goes into the correct folder.
- Take the KMIA_RS.BGL file of your choice and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the KMIA_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place this file into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- There are jetway extensions, and to see these you need to add the textures for them, please follow these steps:
- NOTE: If you have already done this with any of my other airports then this step is not necessary.
- Browse to the FSX\Scenery\NAME\Texture folder. Go down the list until you see jfk_jetway.dds (day texture) and jfk_jetway_LM.dds (night texture).
- "COPY" them from that folder and "PASTE" them into the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE KMIA_RS.BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE KMIA_RS.BGL FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other KMIA.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts.
- If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another Afcad for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the KMIA_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version KMIA_ADE_RS.BGL.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
ADE Utility (Freeware) - Jon Masterson.
Jim Vile for his Technique that activates crosswind runways.
And my ever enduring wife to put up with the hours spent making these files.
TIP: When at KMIA in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (I allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive kmia_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.