AFCAD File For EDDF
Frankfurt/Main, Germany, v1.1. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: one file with the crosswind runway 18/36 operating (for takeoff only) where all four runways will be used simultaneously and one fil...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.12 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 26 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Frankfurt/Main, Germany, v1.1. This airport update was designed with the latest version of ADE (Airport Design Editor) and made only for the FSX default airport: one file with the crosswind runway 18/36 operating (for takeoff only) where all four runways will be used simultaneously and one file as the default runway operation: the northwest runway 7L/25R (landing only). ILS frequencies now corrected to the latest charts and some transitions (thanks to those who sent the charts), assigned parking with extra parking including gates for the A380, taxiways and taxi signs updated, the new "Pier A Plus" extension added, the A380 maintenance apron, extra fuel trucks, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other improvements, airport views are from inside the new North side control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.
View of Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
There are 4 BGL files: EDDF_ADE_RS.BGL, EDDF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL, EDDF_ADE_CVX.BGL and a EDDF_ADE_OBJ.BGL file
The EDDF_ADE_RS.BGL file is the same as the default runway operation.
The EDDF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file is with the Crosswind runway activated and in full operation,
- Take the EDDF_RS.BGL file of your choice (only one file) and the EDDF_ADE_CVX.BGL file and place both files into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Take the EDDF_ADE_OBJ.BGL file and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight Sim and the changes will be present.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE EDDF_RS.BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE EDDF_RS.BGL FILE and the EDDF_ADE_CVX.BGL file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other EDDF.bgl to avoid incorrect parking and other airport conflicts. If you are using my earlier version please remove/delete them first or overwrite them, if you would rather keep them remove them to another folder not associated to FSX. If you have any AI Traffic Addons please make sure they have "NOT" installed another AFCAD for this airport as this will also cause a conflict.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the EDDF_ADE_CW_RS.BGL file you will hear the fake runways as well as the airport runways, this is the method used in activating non parallel runways and should be ignored or if preferred use the version EDDF_ADE_RS.BGL.
Also the Idents for 7L/25R (IFNW and IFNE) cannot be changed as they are hard-coded to 7C/25C (the old 7L/25R) so 7L is IFNA and 25R is IFNB.
- Delete/remove the BGL files and the default airport will then be active.
TIP: When at EDDF in tower view, go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive eddf_v1_1_ade_rs_fsx.zip has 14 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.